Slow downloads (1000 Mbit/s)

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Lodz
New User
New User

Slow downloads (1000 Mbit/s)

Post by Lodz »

So, i've got this little problem.
My torrents rarely go above 13 MB/s even though i've got 1000 Mbit/s.
I tried changing the HDD cache but to no avail, downloading to a 5400 RPM WD Green 2 TB.
But the same thing happens if i write to a SSD.

If i download something from fast peers, i usually get 13 MB/s, but then if i add another torrent they share the 13 MB/s and it's get split between them.
But the thing is, i can go to a FTP-server and download a file and instantly get 100 MB/s while downloading the torrents.
This is from a HTPC, if i go onto my main computer i can still download ~13 MB/s torrents on that one aswell at the same time, so there's no throttling from the ISP.

I'm at a loss here. Don't know what to do.
I'm running Windows Server 2012, 3570K, 8 GB ram no other applications running except Remote desktop.

Any help is appreciated.
Jockwards

Re: Slow downloads (1000 Mbit/s)

Post by Jockwards »

I have a similar issue. I do get speeds above 13mb/s but if I download 2 or more torrents simultaneously they always slow down by a lot. To be fair though, utorrent crashes on higher speeds :P
ElectronicWar
New User
New User

Post by ElectronicWar »

Did you check if you're hitting the connection limit? It's set to 200 by default which may not be enough at these speeds.
But on the other hand, I am reaching ~10 MByte/s download speeds even on my Rasperry Pi running Deluged 1.3.6...
noisome

Post by noisome »

Summary: Go to Edit->Preferences->Bandwidth and uncheck Rate IP Limit

I couldn't go above 1.3MB/s on my 30Mbps connection for the longest time and I didn't know why until today.

I increased all my connections to 4000 with no luck until I unchecked Rate IP Limit. I get my full 3.8MB/s now.

I hope this helps someone.