First topic of appreciation :)

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Diablo69

Re: First topic of appreciation :)

Post by Diablo69 »

just installed deluge alpha16... everything run fine for now... will give another feedback after 24 hours non-stop testing...
Diablo69

Post by Diablo69 »

well... sad news... still got problem... it will hang after 1 hr ++... da bad part is that it will lose the percentage downloaded for dat session... example : for 1 hour 30 minutes manage to download from 85% to 99%... after it hanged, the percentage download went down to 76% after restarting deluge... its quite frustrating...
jzng89
New User
New User

Post by jzng89 »

Just want to say thanks for the great work. Been hearing a lot about Deluge from a forum and ever since my local ISP throttled the connection things seem to be slow even with RC4 encryption enabled.

Using Deluge Alpha 19 and so far no probs, torrents moving fast with encryption enabled. Only had a little crashing prob with BlockIP enabled. Downloaded the Safepeer list and then restarted Deluge. It just kept crashing till I deleted the BlockIP file. And some trackers don't really work with Deluge but small matter. Keep up the great work guys!
deadlikeoscar

Post by deadlikeoscar »

I have gotten Deluge to work on every private tracker I am a member of. I had to nudge Bitme a bit to get it accepted (along with a few other users, it wasn't just me) but that may not be the case with the Windows version for some reason. Have you changed the default ports to a MUCH higher number? Some trackers block clients using the default ports. Hope that helps. If not, then there is still work to do. :D
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

deadlikeoscar wrote:Have you changed the default ports to a MUCH higher number? Some trackers block clients using the default ports.
good point. i suggest using the "random port" feature, which automatically picks a port between 49152 - 65535. that's where the sweet honey is :)
Diablo69

Post by Diablo69 »

just got back from a week long holiday... installed alpha21 for test run.... after 12 hours, it only closed the program once... no error report yet...
silencer666
New User
New User

Post by silencer666 »

Thank you thank you thank you from M A L A Y S I A.

Our f*cked up Broadband ISP - S T R E A M Y X (pronouned Stream My Ass) - blocks tracker access, international peers and god knows what more. BitCommet, Azureuas, UTorrent... nothing works.

Deluge is not perfect, but hopefully, the community would give enough feed back to make this the most kick ass BT client in the world.

I'm not a techie, but I hope to give plenty of feed back.

Once again, Thank you thank you thank you.

===========

Considering getting a Linux machine to run Deluge. Muahahaha.
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

Diablo69 wrote:just got back from a week long holiday... installed alpha21 for test run.... after 12 hours, it only closed the program once... no error report yet...
That "12h" span is pretty bothersome. I think it took much less than that. About 8 hours or less to crash. I hope they'll fix it, the previous versions were stable enough.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

silencer666 wrote:Considering getting a Linux machine to run Deluge. Muahahaha.
please do. the linux client is *much* more stable. that is, afterall, our root :)
Diablo69

Post by Diablo69 »

Diablo69 wrote:just got back from a week long holiday... installed alpha21 for test run.... after 12 hours, it only closed the program once... no error report yet...
That "12h" span is pretty bothersome. I think it took much less than that. About 8 hours or less to crash. I hope they'll fix it, the previous versions were stable enough.
nope for me it was after 12 hours... rite now its going strong...