[small issue] windows tray icon

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mayB

[small issue] windows tray icon

Post by mayB »

If we click right mouse button over deluge's icon tray in windows deluge's submenu will show up, but then we have really to choose one of it's options e.g.(show deluge, add torrent, stop all, etc) to make the submenu disappear.

If we click out of the submenu area, e.g. on desktop, deluge's submenu won't disappear contrary to what happens with other windows programs.

I think deluge's submenu should disappear when we press another screen area and don't force us to choose one of submenu's options, just for the case we call for deluge's submenu by mistake.

thank you.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [small issue] windows tray icon

Post by Cas »

It's not a bug I have seen, i.e. the tray menu closes when clicking away from it on Windows XP. Unfortunately it is out with our control as if it is a bug then it would be in GTK codebase.
mayB

Post by mayB »

It closes when clicking away in a deluge's area but clicking in desktop for exemple doesn't.
greenwich

Post by greenwich »

I have exactly same problem as op, and some more:

1: when I minimize the Deluge and later left click on the system tray icon i will get the window restored on my secondary display, or sometimes outside the display area and I will have to right click Deluge in the task-bar to move the window back in place with the keyboard arrows.

2: when i right click the system tray icon (again after minimizing the Deluge to task-bar) and click the "Show Deluge"-option, the check-mark besides the option is removed and the Deluge is removed from the task-bar (minimized to tray I guess), and when I click the same option again it will return the check-mark and return it to the task-bar, and when i then restore the window (through clicking the task-bar) the sidebar in Deluge GUI is hidden (All,Downloading, Seeding etc..). The option to show the sidebar is checked so I have to un-check it and then check it again to restore it, and it will be only 20 pixels wide or so, so I have to re-size it to restore the GUI to what it looked like before..

Not exactly major problems but maybe something to look out for in future versions.