SOLVED: Building on Windows

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: SOLVED: Building on Windows

Post by Cas »

I have said repeatable, there are some minor corrections needed but the instructions still stand and are correct. You cannot join a project and consistently tell us that we are wrong despite releasing a Windows installer only a few months ago using those very instructions.

Your instructions are not any different from ours, other than mentioning adding python path and the ftp tarball not containing win32 scripts. You are also mixing installing and packaging so I am going to put a warning on your post to prevent users following the wrong instructions.

I have already updated the source instructions to make it clearer and will do the same to win32readme but I shall repeat that there are no major changes to the actual steps required.
Tidosho
New User
New User

Post by Tidosho »

Cas wrote:I have said repeatable, there are some minor corrections needed but the instructions still stand and are correct. You cannot join a project and consistently tell us that we are wrong despite releasing a Windows installer only a few months ago using those very instructions.
Sorry but isn't that the whole point of OPEN SOURCE? Joining a project to make it better and easier for everyone? If the instructions are OUTDATED and INCORRECT, which they are, how are people other than internal devs supposed to fully utilize the source by building the app and then installer?
Cas wrote:Your instructions are not any different from ours, other than mentioning adding python path and the ftp tarball not containing win32 scripts. You are also mixing installing and packaging so I am going to put a warning on your post to prevent users following the wrong instructions.
If my instructions are no different then why have you used them to update the source instructions? A bit of credit would be nice. Also, you need to actually install the windows version for the install packager to work, or do you not know your own project?
Cas wrote:I have already updated the source instructions to make it clearer and will do the same to win32readme but I shall repeat that there are no major changes to the actual steps required.
You've waited for me to give correct instructions, then copied them as your own and told me I'm wrong and mine are no different? I don't know what planet you're on in Scotland but it sure isn't Earth! If this is the way you people operate this project won't last much longer.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

The way you're going about this isn't really that great. If you want to improve the instructions would you please create a ticket and attach a patch? The instructions are in our git repository so if you supply a proper patch your name will be included in the source code history so that credit will be attributed to you -- that is of course assuming that the patch is accepted.

Cas is also correct about the mix-up between installing packaging. Maybe you'd be better off coming up with installation instructions instead of trying to modify our packaging notes? I think we have space on the wiki for such information.