deluged (daemon) not connecting

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
liquidsteel30

deluged (daemon) not connecting

Post by liquidsteel30 »

A bit of background: I've been running Deluge without issue for months. I had two linux boxes that I would connect to from my windows PC using the GTK UI (daemon mode). I just got done merging one of the 'nix units (the NAS) into the Windows PC, meaning I need to get everything running again. Install deluge, enable remote connection, switch off classic mode, restart. Edit %appdata%\deluge\auth and try to start the daemon/connect. Nothing. The deluged.exe window pops up (black CMD window, no text) and just sits there (I left it for 15min before ragequitting). I poked around, deleted all files in %appdata%\deluge, tried again without editing the auth file. Same thing. I ran the debug version and got the following logs:

Code: Select all

c:\program files\deluge\deluge-1.3.3-py2.6.egg\deluge\ui\gtkui\mainwindow.py:63:
 GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non-deprecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed
[ERROR   ] 16:52:30 client:393 RPCError Message Received!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RPCRequest: daemon.login(localclient, 9bf415cf3822ea912596d232bf4927194ec91753)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File "deluge\core\rpcserver.py", line 259, in dispatch
  File "deluge\core\authmanager.py", line 93, in authorize

BadLoginError: Password does not match

[ERROR   ] 16:52:30 client:393 RPCError Message Received!

RPCRequest: daemon.login(localclient, )

[ERROR   ] 16:52:37 client:393 RPCError Message Received!

RPCRequest: daemon.login(localclient, 9bf415cf3822ea912596d232bf4927194ec91753)

[ERROR   ] 16:52:37 client:393 RPCError Message Received!

RPCRequest: daemon.login(localclient, )

Now, that input is fairly unremarkable. That is me trying the default (pre-made) daemon connection as well as a localclient@127.0.0.1 (on the default port). If I edit in a brian:password:10 into AUTH, and try using that, it still says password incorrect. If I remove that entry (leaving just the default localclient in AUTH) and try logging in with brian@127.0.0.1:*defaultport* it will say user not found (or something along those lines) rather than "Password does not match".

This is running Deluge 1.3.3 on a fully up-to-date Win7 x64 (Ultimate). I have no idea what version of libtorrent I am running, but that isn't the issue here. No modifications are being made except to enable remote connections and switch interface modes (and sometimes add a user into AUTH).

If I add my remote server into the list, I can connect to that just fine.

What am I doing wrong?
Black_ice_Spain
New User
New User

Re: deluged (daemon) not connecting

Post by Black_ice_Spain »

deluged.exe window is fine, its supossed to be there without text (look for a thread to hide it :P, startx.exe).

After you change auth file, you need to restart deluged, u know right? (or at least, i think so, i do it always).

Also try playing w different port settings... more than that, no idea :$.