Not quite working right on relatively clean install of XP

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
bartman2589
New User
New User

Not quite working right on relatively clean install of XP

Post by bartman2589 »

A few problems present, especially annoying is the freeze/lockup on closing. Have to wait a few moments after choosing to exit Deluge and then I have to click the X in the upper corner again in order to get it to close (Deluge UI becomes unresponsive even though program hasn't closed yet). Additionally column settings (widths, order & display choices) not being remembered from one startup to another (I'm guessing it's related to the lockup issue in that those choices may not be getting written to the config file or whatever until a user goes to exit Deluge instead of being written to the config file when they are chosen possibly, not sure when Deluge writes settings to config file by default though). This is all happening on Deluge 1.3.3 on Windows XP Pro 32 bit w/SP3 fully updated from Microsoft Update site. I ended up uninstally 1.3.3 and installing 1.3.1 until these issues are fixed. I use Deluge on my Linux machine and love it especially the encryption support and the blocklist plugin, just wish it would behave on my XP machine as well as it behaves in Kubuntu Linux.