Issues in Deluge 1.3.3 Vista

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
cthulhu

Issues in Deluge 1.3.3 Vista

Post by cthulhu »

Just installed Deluge 1.3.3 (Win32) on top of 1.3.2 in Vista (libtorrent 0.15.6.0). It is behaving poorly, displaying odd numbers for seeders/peers, moving torrents into the teardrop/exclamation point error area, crashing, sometimes not allowing me to unpause items, etc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it with the same effect.

Thanks for all your work,
good1

Re: Issues in Deluge 1.3.3 Vista

Post by good1 »

I also downloaded the 1.3.3. The error part also is very frequent in the xp sp3 version as well, which is what I have. I leave the torrent alone for a while, and several of the torrents go into error status, and the queue moves to the next torrent.
silekonn

Post by silekonn »

It does not work well on Win7 x64. I have experienced many seeds going to Status "file too short:" and requiring a resume.

Aside this, all versions need some way to edit the block list. Deluge is reporting an error seeding a Mint distro with linuxtracker.org. Why would such a tracker be on the block list?

1.3.3 for Windows does not download when clicking the link on the front page. It offers the old version. (now corrected)
happosai

Post by happosai »

I too am experiencing problems with v1.3.3 on Windows 7 64 bit, with torrents either exhibiting random errors or just stopping downloading/uploading for no good reason.

Uninstalling Deluge, deleting the remaining files in Users\[USER]\AppData and reinstalling it makes no difference.

I have reverted to v1.3.2 and the problems are no longer present.

[Happosai]
fukt

Post by fukt »

I have the same issues on Windows 7 x64 with Deluge 1.3.3.

Some torrents gets an error messages:
Error: invalid encoding of tracker response: ""
file too short:
The parameter is incorrect: <file>
They go back to normal if I pause and resume.

The number of seeders and peers seems not so accurate. For example the tracker says 70 seeders and 0 peers but Deluge says 349 seeders and 2381 peers.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The fixes for a severe memory issue #1869 seem to not be compatible with libtorrent 0.15.6 supplied in 1.3.3. We will try to get a newer version of libtorrent and update Deluge as soon as possible.
Pilsener

Some Problems in Deluge 1.3.3 on Windows 7/Server 2008 R2

Post by Pilsener »

Hey all,

I read this Thread: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 12&t=37199 and I found some of the problems I have with Deluge 1.3.3 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The Systems are running on virtual machines.

But the problems are the following: 1. When I check files with Deluge I always get errors. The reasons for them are different often it says that I don't find the file. 2. Deluge gets peers from a tracker, connects to them, download a few kilobytes and than stop downloading but keep the connections to the peers open. The second problem is the primary problem I have with Deluge 1.3.3

I downgradet to 1.3.2 which runs complete correct. Is it possible to solve this problems or do I have to wait for the next version to update?

BEST REGARDS!

P.S. Sorry for the bad english :-D
lwr

Re: Some Problems in Deluge 1.3.3 on Windows 7/Server 2008 R

Post by lwr »

I've got same problem on w7 ultimate after upgrade.

Deluge see seeders but don't want to establish connections.
And previously downloaded torrents became incomplete.

Found same solution — downgrade to 1.3.2
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

libtorrent 0.15.7 has just released so an update for Deluge will be out soon.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

I've updated the Windows installer to include libtorrent 0.15.7. It should be hitting the FTP within the next couple of hours.

See here: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.3.3