Unable to start Deluge 1.3.1 even though I installed gtk2

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
aeo

Unable to start Deluge 1.3.1 even though I installed gtk2

Post by aeo »

I have a 32 bit PC which I just reformatted and installed Windows XP SP3 and I downloaded and installed all the critical updates from Microsoft. After installing several other softwares, I downloaded Deluge 1.3.1 and installed the program. Afterward, I rebooted my PC. I clicked on the Deluge icon and an error window popped up and it stated:

"C:\Program Files\Deluge\deluge.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I reinstalled Deluge 1.3.1 and then rebooted but I got the same error message. I was thinking maybe the GTK2 Runtime in 1.3.1 may be old so I went and downloaded the most recent GTK2, "gtk2-runtime-2.22.0-2010-10-21-ash," and then uninstalled the previous version and installed the newest one. I then rebooted and clicked on Deluge icon but I got the same error message.

I searched your FAQ and the forum but none applied to this problem. Can you tell me what is going on?

By the way, I was using 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 before I reinstalled Windows XP again.

I was just wondering if Deluge requires Microsoft .Net framework because I do not have that on my PC. If it does require that, which version of .Net framework does it require?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Unable to start Deluge 1.3.1 even though I installed gtk

Post by Cas »

Only suggestion I have is to read some of the other posts in the windows forum that detail complete re-installation
justme
New User
New User

Post by justme »

Hey,
got the same problem, have the same software,

uninstall deluge and GTK2,

install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

reinstall deluge,

reinstall gtk2.16

It should work.
aeo

Post by aeo »

Thanks everyone for your help but my earlier assumption was correct in that Deluge did not work because I did not have Microsoft .Net Framework. I initially installed .Net Framework 4.0 but surprisingly that did not work. I installed .Net 3.5 Service Pack 1 and rebooted. I was going to try it but I received updates from Microsoft and they were previous versions of .Net like 3.0 and 2.0. I installed them and rebooted and then tried it and it worked. I hope this helps for those who might have similar problem like mine.
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

The other issue to add in to the list is to delete all application data from Deluge's folders in Windows before running the first time.

I could not get 1.3.1 to run, even a clean install, until I'd deleted the old appdata.
nodeluge

Post by nodeluge »

Yeah, it would be nice if the .NET requirement was made clear to people before they download and install it.