Deluge 1.3.0-RC1, some observances

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
chk712
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.0-RC1, some observances

Post by chk712 »

Hi guys,

looking for a decent Open Source replacement for uTorrent for Windows, i came along Deluge which i had used once 2 years ago with Ubuntu already, but preferred Transmission back then as Deluge was kinda buggy at that time. I've been using Deluge on my Windows XP machine for 3 days now but already noticed some bugs/annoyances and some stuff i simply have some questions about...

The 1st thing which irritated me a bit is the fact that Deluge has to be started via the command line, which actually makes it impossible for me to make Firefox open torrents automatically in Deluge with the "open with" dialog as i did not make Deluge the default for torrent files because i still have uTorrent as the default Bittorrent client (Edit: works now, don't know what i did wrong...). Of course i could always install Deluge as the default client and i guess it'll work then, still wonder why it has to be started over the command line.

The 2nd thing i came along is that the upload/download speed details of the single torrents don't match with the overall up/down speed displayed at the bottom of the GUI or when you hover the mouse over the tasklist symbol. It sometimes shows like 48 kb/s overall when the single files gotta total at about 60 kb/s or so. Also i kinda never get the full speed, when throttling the upload speed to 50 kb/s i get like 49,7 max varying pretty much. In uTorrent or Transmission i got the full bandwidth mostly up/download. Not sure of course if the speed gets displayed 100% correctly in those clients. ;)

Edit: It seems like when Deluge is "fresh opened" it displays the speed correctly and after a while it kinda loses it.

It also seemed to me that the download progress bar isn't accurate, it showed me like 50% once when it was supposed to be over 60% already.

Another Edit: It seems like the progress bar not being accurate is due to the GUI responding slow if you had Deluge minimized to the tray icon for a time, it simply needs some time to refresh the actual download progress status. Took like 5 seconds the last time. :o

So, i wonder if these are known bugs and if any of you came along them already, if those are Windows specific or not and stuff. Hope you can bring some light on this as apart from the things i mentioned i like this client and would love to use it. :)

Greetings, chk