Deluge 0.5.8.3 looks good so far

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
senkun
New User
New User

Deluge 0.5.8.3 looks good so far

Post by senkun »

Hello,

First I'd like to thank all the developers (and Slurdge) for this great program.

I run Deluge on Ubuntu with no problems and have also installed the Windows port on my XP boxes since waaaay back. It was the only client that works for many of us where we have our ISP killing most torrent downloads. Although the port has been a little bit buggy through all versions, I have to say it works at the all important part, where all other clients fail.

I just installed 0.5.8.3 after being on 0.5.7.1 for a long time, I actually did install 0.5.8 when it was released but found that it looked horrendous (huge fonts) and had the C++ runtime errors. So I promptly went back to 0.5.7.1, but the runtime errors somehow stayed.

Just wanted to say that 0.5.8.3 looks very pleasing aesthetically. And been running good as well. I'm going to put a few more hours into testing and will report back.

Keep up the good work! It looks as if the Windows port finally is looking good and running good!
senkun
New User
New User

Re: Deluge 0.5.8.3 looks good so far

Post by senkun »

Oops, spoke too soon! Getting random M$ C++ runtime errors again. Sometimes it happens within minutes, sometimes a coupla hours. Nothing else running except Deluge. This is on a XP SP2 box, clean install.

Is there a fix?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

senkun wrote:Oops, spoke too soon! Getting random M$ C++ runtime errors again. Sometimes it happens within minutes, sometimes a coupla hours. Nothing else running except Deluge. This is on a XP SP2 box, clean install.

Is there a fix?
unfortunately not yet, but the developer is working hard at trying to resolve it.
Stacks

Post by Stacks »

I haven't seen an error yet, and I've been seeding a torrent for the last two days.

I'm running XP Pro Sp2 as well.
senkun
New User
New User

Post by senkun »

johnnyg wrote:
senkun wrote:Oops, spoke too soon! Getting random M$ C++ runtime errors again. Sometimes it happens within minutes, sometimes a coupla hours. Nothing else running except Deluge. This is on a XP SP2 box, clean install.

Is there a fix?
unfortunately not yet, but the developer is working hard at trying to resolve it.
Thanks, I just realized. Been going thru the board and noticed there were quite a number of similar threads. Well fingers crossed for a solution asap. I reverted to 0.5.7.1 and still getting the same runtime errors.

Luckily I kept most of the old versions, I now reverted to 0.5.6.2 which seems ok for me so far. Perhaps the problem can be narrowed down to what changed from build 0.5.6.2 that could have caused the C++ runtime errors?