Problem using taskbar icon / adding torrents (0.5.8.0 +.1)

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bzzz

Problem using taskbar icon / adding torrents (0.5.8.0 +.1)

Post by Bzzz »

Hi,
two days ago I switched to Deluge and there are some things I noticed...
  • The taskbar icon+menu doesnt work well. First of all, this icon is always there - no matter if the Deluge window is maximized or sent to tray. That looks a bit strange I think, it's sometimes like Deluge is opened twice. Maybe a switch 'always show tray icon" could fix this for me ;)
  • Also, when hovering the icon, it doesn't show all the informationen it should. I noticed this when taking the screenshot for the next one :D (125 kBit/s is the upload limit I set)
  • As you can see, when right-clicking the icon, the small menu appears. But it shows scroll bars, so I need to scroll down to get the full menu - which isn't even a pixel too large to display. Hope that should be easy to fix, since it is annoying. On Deluge 0.5.8. there was the same problem too, just btw.
    Image Image
  • Another thing is that I have to open Deluge by the tray icon to get access to a loaded .torrent file, even if Deluge was maximized before. When just opening/activating the window it doesn't show anything about the new file to download. Only by taking the roundabout way I can add it to my torrents list.
Hope these pieces of information can help to improve Deluge ;)
My System: Win XP SP2
I can also test Deluge on kubuntu 7,10 (Gutsy) and, as soon as there are working WPA drivers for my Intel WLAN, on a Hackintosh 10,4,8 / 10,4,11 / 10,5,1 :mrgreen:
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Problem using taskbar icon / adding torrents (0.5.8.0 +.1)

Post by johnnyg »

Hi,
Bzzz wrote:
  • The taskbar icon+menu doesnt work well. First of all, this icon is always there - no matter if the Deluge window is maximized or sent to tray. That looks a bit strange I think, it's sometimes like Deluge is opened twice. Maybe a switch 'always show tray icon" could fix this for me ;)
you can completely remove the tray icon if you want by unticking Preferences -> Other -> Enable system tray icon
I don't really see how this is strange seeing nearly all other programs do the same.
Bzzz wrote:
  • Also, when hovering the icon, it doesn't show all the informationen it should. I noticed this when taking the screenshot for the next one :D (125 kBit/s is the upload limit I set)
not sure what's happening there, works fine for me.
although in trying it out, I found I couldn't change the upload or download rate from the tray icon
Bzzz wrote:
  • As you can see, when right-clicking the icon, the small menu appears. But it shows scroll bars, so I need to scroll down to get the full menu - which isn't even a pixel too large to display. Hope that should be easy to fix, since it is annoying. On Deluge 0.5.8. there was the same problem too, just btw.
unfortunately that's a windows-only gtk bug.
I know it's annoying but there's not much we can do about it.
Bzzz wrote:
  • Another thing is that I have to open Deluge by the tray icon to get access to a loaded .torrent file, even if Deluge was maximized before. When just opening/activating the window it doesn't show anything about the new file to download. Only by taking the roundabout way I can add it to my torrents list.
I'm not sure what you mean here.
are you saying you have to open deluge via the try icon to add a torrent? or that you have to open it via the tray icon to see a newly added torrent?
Bzzz

Re: Problem using taskbar icon / adding torrents (0.5.8.0 +.1)

Post by Bzzz »

johnnyg wrote: although in trying it out, I found I couldn't change the upload or download rate from the tray icon
yeah, me too. also something to fix ;)
johnnyg wrote: unfortunately that's a windows-only gtk bug.
I know it's annoying but there's not much we can do about it.
hmmm...so it's up to the gtk developers?
Bzzz wrote:
johnnyg wrote: I'm not sure what you mean here.
are you saying you have to open deluge via the try icon to add a torrent? or that you have to open it via the tray icon to see a newly added torrent?
Well, something of both.
I just downloaded another .torrent while Deluge wasn't even opened. So it took a while to start, the window appeared, and it showed me all the previous torrents. I had to click the tray icon to make the new one visible, and, in case of more than one file per torrent, to get the dialogue 'which-one-to-download?'.
Same happens when Deluge is already started