0.5.8 crashes

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
kopitam

0.5.8 crashes

Post by kopitam »

Having major problem with this version. totally not stable, crashes every 15 min or so. i installed it on two pcs, and both of them suffers from the same problem.

jayen

Re: 0.5.8 crashes

Post by jayen »

This has been happening to me since 0.5.7. Every release. :(
silencer666
New User
New User

Post by silencer666 »

Yup. Some funny Microsoft C++ error.

Sticking to 0.5.7.1 - most stable release in my book.

Tried nearly all releases (post Alpha 21) and reinstalled my comp a few times in the process.
dxwolf
New User
New User

Post by dxwolf »

Exacly same problem here, with this version, but with me it only can go for 2 minuts.... I tried even with lower versions like 0.5.6 and same thing happens, never got this error, the errors i usually got was when it finished a download it only crashed... but the odd part is even with this C++ Runtime error, the application continue to download... Weard! Any sugestions in how to solve this? I mean this software is my only chance to get top speeds... :-S I really need this app to be working :-( (Don't we all= :-) )

--edit--

I unistalled the app and then manually delete the deluge folder under C:\Documents and Settings\Name of USer and now more then 10 minuts passed with the Runtime C++ error, I don't know if that error will show up again but by now no errors, and I passed my 2 minuts barrier lol... I don't know if this has something to do with some plugins or not, now im just running the app with default plugins and if it works this way is this way im going to run always the app...
bachok83

Post by bachok83 »

I have an idea.

Okay, it seems that no one really knows what happen when we get that sacred C++ error thingy.

First, from my experience using bittorrent since the very beginning, i know some network cards are not quite compatible with bittorrent. I believe some chips cannot handle more than certain amount of torrent connections, not to say they CANT do torrent at all, but they cannot handle more than some number of connections simultaneously.
Those include (but not limited to)
- linksys network cards
- realtek network cards (and those using realtek chips)
- netgear

The known to be torrent proof is anything from D-Link (please note that i am not advertising).

So, you can try to prove my theory, if u have network cards from the bad list above, leave ur deluge UI on the desktop and note the number of connections when the C++ error pops up. Try changing the number of connections to lower than that number, and well, u know what to do.
freako

Post by freako »

mine crashes too!
but i realize. that it only crashes when i have a few simultaneous leech/seed torrents. basically active torrents running.
i hope this problem gets fixed asap. :)
syedomar
New User
New User

Post by syedomar »

hi, i value deluge very much so anyone found a solution on this yet pls :lol: thanks
woofwoof
New User
New User

Post by woofwoof »

For those using Win2000, WinXP or Win2003, please install IPv6. The asio library used by deluge uses Windows library function that will fail when handling IPv6 addresses if IPv6 protocol not installed. Mine stop crashing for the last few days since I installed the IPv6.
syedomar
New User
New User

Post by syedomar »

Does that apply to Windows Vista as well woofwoof ? :)
syedomar
New User
New User

Post by syedomar »

deluge still stops when even having IPv6 installed ?? Anyone pls ?