dbus-daemon-deluge.exe

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jayen

Re: dbus-daemon-deluge.exe

Post by jayen »

Doesn't close for me either, and I'm using Windows XP SP2.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

jayen wrote:Doesn't close for me either, and I'm using Windows XP SP2.
doesnt close on a crash, or on normal shutdown of deluge?
curupira
New User
New User

Post by curupira »

The same bug occurs in Windows 2000 Professional. When you close Deluge (normal shutdown of Deluge), the process dbus-daemon-deluge.exe remains running in background.

This bug affects the installation of new versions of Deluge, because the installer can't overwrite several files that dbus-daemon-deluge.exe locks. When I manually closed the daemon on the task manager, the installation could then proceed.
kevin
New User
New User

Post by kevin »

I, too, experience this problem on Windows XP SP2.
RetupmocSoft
New User
New User

Post by RetupmocSoft »

On my Windows XP SP2+

deluge 0.582 (and 0.583 also) close normally,
but dbus-daemon-deluge.exe is still running.

I need to using taskmgr to force close dbus-daemon-deluge.exe
Moogle Stiltzkin
New User
New User

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

markybob wrote: tonight i finally figured out how to get around vista and close dbus, but i was unaware of a 64-bit xp problem. which flavor? pro?
the system tray scrolling is a windows-only gtk bug (doesnt happen on linux/unix)...i know it's very annoying, but i havent figured out how to get around that yet. and yes, i plan on offering 64-bit packages in not too long. glad you like deluge :)
This is certainly good news for us Vista ultimate 64bit users.

Thanks Mark :}
Jhet
New User
New User

Post by Jhet »

Downloaded Deluge 0.5.8.4, installed it, opened it, closed it, and discovered that it now closes dbus-daemon-deluge as well which is good.
I love the way problems get fixed with deluge, doesn't take long. Keep it up.
Primary OS: Windows Vista Business 32bit
Secondary OS: Ubuntu Gutsy
Tsume
New User
New User

Post by Tsume »

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 with UAC OFF

dbus-daemon-deluge continues to run after I exit Deluge.

Also, and I don't remember what version this started in but it was fairly recent, when I remove a file from deluge, if remove torrent is checked, the torrent does not get removed from list and deluge stops downloading and uploading until I forcibly kill dbus-daemon-deluge and reopen deluge completely. Once reopened the torrent is gone from Deluge. The torrent file is actually deleted before dbus hangs up and stops doing anything, so I'm not sure what's wrong because if I do not have remove torrent file checked, it works fine.
nick2008

Post by nick2008 »

I've got Windows XP SP2 (32bit) and even while normally closing the program, the dbus-daemon-deluge.exe process remains open in the background.

This abnormality also causes windows error while attempting to shutdown, since it tries to close the above process but with no success (unless I physically press the "end program" in a "program not responding" window pop up while shutting down).

So, the aforementioned process can only be terminated manually, even in XP and it it most irritating I must say....

P.S. I meet the above problem using the 0.5.8.6 build. I will also install the new 0.5.8.7 and post here any related info.

P.S.BTW... The program's encryption and speed ROCKS :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[EDIT]

Just tried the new version....

The problem remains unsolved in the new 0.5.8.7 build... :cry:
Tsume
New User
New User

Post by Tsume »

Also, and I don't remember what version this started in but it was fairly recent, when I remove a file from deluge, if remove torrent is checked, the torrent does not get removed from list and deluge stops downloading and uploading until I forcibly kill dbus-daemon-deluge and reopen deluge completely. Once reopened the torrent is gone from Deluge. The torrent file is actually deleted before dbus hangs up and stops doing anything, so I'm not sure what's wrong because if I do not have remove torrent file checked, it works fine.
Still having this issue, although if I exit deluge it now kills dbus... a slight improvement :)