Deluge Windows Builds

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Deluge Windows Builds

Post by doadin »

highvoltage wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:49 pm @doadin in your builds, what was the reason not to do it with libtorrent-2.0.8 and v1.2.18 ? any reason in particular?

your opinion in

3.11 version python Is it still not a viable option?

GTK4 is it an option? or would it be very unstable on windows?

Once again I thank and admire all your efforts and help for all the community that loves Deluge.

I hope @cas implements this in future versions, for me it's very useful when you have a big list to edit.

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2047
My builds, since having helped make windows builds official for 2.0, have been built the same exact way as official, through github actions. All I do is update the dependecies aka libtorrent gtk python, any other software that Deluge utilizes, when and where I can.

Libtorrent has not released a 2.0.8 build to pypi(which is what the build process uses) nor is there a 1.2.18 release.

Python 3.11 maybe be possible I have not tested, nor is it tested by the unit tests in deluges official repo(git).

GTK4, we use a fork of gtk that has changes to make GTK possible on windows, last I checked GTK4 builds where not successful. We would also likely need GTK4 changes made to Deluge to work properly just as we did GTK2-3( which happened from deluge 1.x to 2.x) While I tried to help with that transition before there was a lot and a lot not done by me but others and people are busy, depending on how much compatibility changes were made in GTK4 will affect how fast we can adopt GTK4 into deluge.

Most of the changes(in my builds) like I have said before are changes that are already in(just make these availible like a beta build so people can see/test upcoming changes) or that I have tested. Some changes I think are good but might not get cas approval. As I don't have much time I don't think I can make changes to my build on a per request. Sorry.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I wouldn't say you helped make the deluge 2.x installers on windows :p (hope right emoji or whatever called lol, noob at such) Anyway, understatement I meant, obviously :) Modestness is a nice trait to have though imho.

Yeah I remember seeing you had a gtk4 test repo up, gvsbuild I think, which impressed me, been a while but did little bit stalk your github for curiousness at a point :)

Anyway, I hope the libtorrent pypi issue is fixed, cibuildwheel or whatever was, before 2.0.9 and 1.2.19 gets released.

Edit: Well unfortunetly doesn't look like it :( I mean libtorrent 2.0.9 and 1.2.19 on pypi, unless little delayed.
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

mhertz wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:16 am I wouldn't say you helped make the deluge 2.x installers on windows :p (hope right emoji or whatever called lol, noob at such) Anyway, understatement I meant, obviously :) Modestness is a nice trait to have though imho.

Yeah I remember seeing you had a gtk4 test repo up, gvsbuild I think, which impressed me, been a while but did little bit stalk your github for curiousness at a point :)

Anyway, I hope the libtorrent pypi issue is fixed, cibuildwheel or whatever was, before 2.0.9 and 1.2.19 gets released.

Edit: Well unfortunetly doesn't look like it :( I mean libtorrent 2.0.9 and 1.2.19 on pypi, unless little delayed.
mhertz check cibuildwheel I think everything looks fine now, the tests are running :D
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cool highvoltage, thanks for letting me know bro! :) I hope it's then underway to pypi(e.g to get in official and doadin's builds later) then when finished, fingers crossed, and else we will just need to manually extract it from the run if/when needed(saves manually building it), like we talked about before in private in older times. Honestly I have zero clue about all this CI stuff, so wouldn't know(pypi), just remember reading some github discussions long ago about the current issues holding it back(pypi), but as said, hopefully fixed then.

Thanks bro :)

Edit: Awesome, upload_pypi job of cibuildwheel succeeded so now newest libtorrent 2.0.9 available on pypi too, nice! :) Hopefully 1.2.19 job will follow soon. Thanks highvoltage.
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

mhertz yes everything ok now, pypi libtorrent 2.0.9, I just put it in the doadin compilation, let's go to the tests, you are incredible

@doadin Thanks again for all the work, I hope to see you always active in Deluge development, amazing work.

@mhertz Let's test with libtorrent 2.0.9, I hope that memory problem is solved, from the heart my friend, you are always willing to help me, thank you very much for everything.

:D :D
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I have crazy high social anxiety and really bad at expressing myself adequately, but I seriously do appreciate you my friend, much love brother, and sure i'm willing to help if can, with anything, like you did when I asked, which is something I don't take lightly! :) Thanks bro.

Edit: Libtorrent 1.2.19 now too on pypi, awesome! :)
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

I have uploaded new builds with only new libtorrent versions changed, 2.0.9 and 1.2.19, now that newer ones made it to pypi. https://mega.nz/folder/jhw1VarC#12oC8WAC-M6IFNMCtS3tnw

Edit: added new builds again(#2) too pull in these changes:

[Core] Fix bug when emiting event in EventManager
[GTKUI] Add torrent dialog incorrectly removes dir
[Common] Replace pkg_resources with importlib for resource path finding
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

doadin wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:57 am I have uploaded new builds with only new libtorrent versions changed, 2.0.9 and 1.2.19, now that newer ones made it to pypi. https://mega.nz/folder/jhw1VarC#12oC8WAC-M6IFNMCtS3tnw

oww :o very fast in the update, great work doadin, thanks very much.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

highvoltage wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:10 pm
doadin wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:57 am I have uploaded new builds with only new libtorrent versions changed, 2.0.9 and 1.2.19, now that newer ones made it to pypi. https://mega.nz/folder/jhw1VarC#12oC8WAC-M6IFNMCtS3tnw

oww :o very fast in the update, great work doadin, thanks very much.
There just happen to be changes made when I was messing around/updating my own builds. I didn't put in commit authors on those but nothing by me :) .
miotoki
New User
New User

Post by miotoki »

Hey folks,

anyone got an installer win64 for

Deluge/2.1.1 libtorrent/2.0.8.0

Would be awesome 8-)

Thx and Kind Regards