No alternating white/grey lines option in 2.1.1 UI

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
laundricot
New User
New User

No alternating white/grey lines option in 2.1.1 UI

Post by laundricot »

Hi,

I finally switched to v2 from v1.3.15 and I cannot find any option to display torrents in the main window (and torrent file lists) with alternating white and gray backgrounds for easier navigation. Without this display option there is now just a huge white space which makes it difficult to keep track of what line you are at when checking info in different columns.

Is this option hidden somewhere? Since there appears to be no advanced settings in the client's UI, is it possible to somehow to activate this maybe in the config file?

If this feature is for some reason not (yet) available in v2.1.1, how can I suggest it be added?

Apart from that (and missing the Pieces add-on :( ), the update was painless and I am very happy with the new version. The UI is snappy and responsive and I love the search feature. Thank you all for the great work and for finally bringing v2 to windows officially.
Slytheringirl
New User
New User

Re: No alternating white/grey lines option in 2.1.1 UI

Post by Slytheringirl »

i too updated to version 2.1.1 and I am very disappointed in the new UI. For me, the UI is hideous. It looks like an ancient Windows program from way back when! The text is too big and I had to shrink the name column to get the ETA column to fit my screen. There's NO way to fix the text size within the program itself and the only way I can think of would be to shrink my font size on my entire system which I am NOT going to do just for one lousy program. Bring back the old 1.3.15 UI. Until then, I will be going back to v.1.3.15 and not updating.
mhertz

Re: No alternating white/grey lines option in 2.1.1 UI

Post by mhertz »

@laundricot, this is unfortunately not possible - the CSS code needing added to an externally supplied theme for enabling this functionality, has been removed from GTK3 in v3.19.