Deluge Windows Builds

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
sharmanhall
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Windows Builds

Post by sharmanhall »

Cas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 am Just to note that I have released Deluge 2.1 with Windows builds, with default libtorrent 1.2.15 or optional 2.0.6

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/windows/
https ftp link: https://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/deluge/windows/
Thanks a bunch! I have been using Deluge 2.1.0.Dev90 with LibTorrent 2.0.5.0 for quite a few months now. I will see how this works compared to the dev-build.
cakeforcat
New User
New User

Post by cakeforcat »

cakeforcat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:11 pm Anyone else stuck on the classic "port issue" on the latest build from Cas? Was working fine on the last build from doadin, both on lt2.0.
Nvm seems a quick restart was enough, feel dumb for not doing it in the first place.
irebel
New User
New User

Post by irebel »

mhertz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:28 am Doadin's builds are same as official(as in how built I mean), was afterall the person stepping up and getting the work done to make it happen/possible.

Anyway, my point is that the instructions for doadin's builds in this thread for changing theme to e.g. dark, will also work for official, so please find them, or alternatively I made a theme-switcher a few posts above(including dark-mode) if wanted instead.
Thank you. I initially missed the deluge_theme_switcher.exe post.
Zorro
New User
New User

Post by Zorro »

The Windows builds posted by Cas can be considered as official?
I ask this because the Deluge home page keeps saying that Windows builds for Deluge version 2 are not available.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

As official as it gets, and just an oversight, but understand your concern :) Thanks for reporting, I'm sure he'll get to it when seen and time permits.
chip333
New User
New User

Post by chip333 »

With the latest official 2.1 windows build and using deluge_theme_switcher.exe to switch to the dark theme I still have a light coloured Title Bar in the main program and in Preferences and other sub menus.
I was previously using other unofficial builds 2.0x and always had a nice dark themed title bar.
Can anyone explain if this is achievable again with the current 2.1 build?
Thanks
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The official(and doadin's) deluge installer adds env-var "GTK_CSD=0" for running session unless overridden yourself, meaning system titlebar from windows itself used and not from theme, but even on windows dark mode then windows by default sets white titlebar for desktop applications.

A few possibilities to circumvent...

One is to override 'GTK_CSD=0' with a user env-var, so theme's titlebar used, e.g. which in adwaita's dark mode(the one used in theme switcher and manual instructions) is dark, though not having perfect windows min/max/close buttons but not that bad imho and other theme could be downloaded/used if wanted instead. However, besides more native looks then also the predefined 'GTK_CSD=0' fixes a bug with deluge on windows - honestly cannot remember but something with minimizing and restoring needing an extra click if maximized before, or something I believe, but if can live with that, then a fix. I'm gonna add this as option to the theme switcher at a later point I think, but meanwhile then can open cmd-prompt with 'win+r > cmd' and run 'setx GTK_CSD 1'. If changing mind then can revert back to default again through opening said cmd-prompt and running 'reg delete hkcu\environment /f /v GTK_CSD' and reboot for changes to take effect. Note, that setting 'GTK_CSD' yourself then gets picked up and used for all GTK apps installed/run.

Another method, which I though haven't checked/verified and only googled(my win10 VM is unactivated, so haven't these options available neither), is using a dark accent color and choosing to show the accent color on title bars in windows settings under 'Settings > Personalization > Colors' > Under 'Show accent color on the following surfaces', put a check on Title bars and window borders.
chip333
New User
New User

Post by chip333 »

@mhertz
Thanks for the detailed reply concerning the title bar. Much appreciated. Many thanks.
skupjoe

Post by skupjoe »

Nice job with the theme switcher @mhertz and the GTK switch. Dark theme + dark toolbar all working well
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thank you fellas, really do appreciate your postings! :)