Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mhertz »

Instead of giving you instructions for fixing this(missing code-page file as you correctly stated), then I would recommend that untill petersasi returns, you instead use a newer build from fmar, in the other unofficial installer thread on here. It's bigger in size, as not so aggressively cleaned-up, includes little better isolation, and a few other small enhancements, besides newer components in general.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just wanted to say that doadin has done awesome job fixing the freezing issue and provide automated deluge2 windows build-scripts, so if anyone want to test his latest built installer out, done in the actual professional way as the previous real official windows installers, then check out his thread/post here:

viewtopic.php?p=234320#p234320

Thanks again doadin, appreciate you! :)
OhThatGuy
New User
New User

Post by OhThatGuy »

I don't know if I should post my issue here but I keep getting error 10061 whenever I try to start the daemon. I never encountered this error before, it ran perfectly fine a while ago so I'm not sure why it suddenly changed. I tried googling it and none of the solutions helped (windows firewall, nssm, etc) I even uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't work either. I also used doadin's version and got the same error so it's definitely with me.

So, I'm kinda asking here as a last resort for help. If anyone knows how to fix this (in simple terms please I'm stupid) I would appreciate some help
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, I decided to remove everything non-essential for last build, one of them being your issue, though I tested it locally on my windows VM before-hand and found didn't have the issue anymore, so thought it somehow was fixed in newer python or something, so reporting PR redundant. I wen't through everything, also to see if could submit PRs to Cas, but the fixes was either workarounds and not true fixes, or I was in doubt about if was "good-enough" coded for actual PR, or e.g. in twisted not deluge.

Anyway, I reported this issue you report here, on deluge's bug-tracker 2 years and 3 months ago, when starting the unofficial installer initially, and tobbez posted a patch to use for it, which as said, used to be included, but not now, though is in fmar and petersasi's builds, as based on my build-scripts, just older versions, so presumably you got your build from the other thread by fmar and not here, as didn't posted new build here since long, and wasen't stripped then, for non-essentials yet.

I have patched the relevant file and uploaded, one for stable deluge-2.0.5 and one for the dev-build I posted, deluge-2.1.0.dev5, so download the one matching your install and replace the file under 'install-location\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\client.py', so default location beeing: 'C:\Program Files\Deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\client.py'.

Deluge-2.0.5: client.py

Deluge-2.1.0.dev5: client.py

(Right-click and "save link as" if not downlading)

Sorry for inconvenience.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just wanted to say that my previous post above was wrong, sorry, so if having said issue of error 10061 when trying start daemon, then don't use my patched files linked above, as not the issue(won't hurt at all, just unneeded as unrelated). I found out because wanted to reproduce to make PR for this, but couldn't reproduce despite hardcoding other charsets/encodings etc, and as said neither could intially before removing the patch(though was issue 2 years years ago which I found and reported on bugtracker and tobbez posted a patch for me to use to fix).

I have seen this issue before I now remembered actually, with repeatedly not being able to connect to daemon because that error, and also had one other forum-member report this to me in PM before, and I could only workaround this by either restarting client, or deleting the deluge config-dir, cannot remember fully, but one of these i'm sure.

Anyway, just wanted to say this, so people don't waste time applying that fix in vein, as will not help as was about other issue now fixed anyway.

Again, this is not an issue I introduced I just wanted to also clarify.

Sorry for inconvenience.
Uraratan
New User
New User

Post by Uraratan »

is there no simple installer for windows?
Kvothe
New User
New User

Post by Kvothe »

If by "simple" you mean "official" then the answer is no. If by "simple" you mean easy to download and use then the answer is yes. Just read about the Unofficial Installers in this forum.
wellivea1
New User
New User

Post by wellivea1 »

InStars wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:28 pm
mhertz wrote:OK, gave it a last shot, and managed to reduce spaces, but wanted it still to mimick regular win10 controls as close as possible, and so imho it's now close enough, and atleast better than ubuntu and win7 controls on a windows 10 system, so will not revert anyway.

I rebuilt installers, though only with said above mentioned minimal change and no rebuilded components or other changes.

Deluge-2.0.3:
https://gofile.io/d/l7x3B3

Deluge-2.0.4.dev44:
https://gofile.io/d/CvYMvJ

Pics of default win32 theme and mantis-dark follows for reference, plus regular win10 app underneath as posted previously, to compare against:
Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.png
Chrome does not let me download Deluge-2.0.4.dev44 build, I get a message "Failed - Virus detected".
I did not experience this problem with Deluge-2.0.3 build though. I really like the improvements in win10 control buttons. Thank you!
This is happening with google drive now as well so it is impossible to download the installer. At least for me (I'm using Firefox and the message is from Google Drive, not my PC).
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Please use doadin’s kindly provided builds in the stickied thread thanks.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Just to add that I have released Deluge 2.1 with Windows builds, with default libtorrent 1.2.15 or optional 2.0.6

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/windows/
https site link: https://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/deluge/windows/