Mass change torrent paths

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Aeit
New User
New User

Mass change torrent paths

Postby Aeit » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Today I have reinstalled win10 and removed some drives.
The obvious problem is that all my torrents now point to the path with the old drive letter. And I won't change de drive letter as it leads to issues of installed programs and directiories.

Is there any way to change the drive name in the path of all torrents at once? I can't imagine doing it by hand for thousands of them.
uTorrent had something like resume.dat where it was possible.

mhertz
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Mass change torrent paths

Postby mhertz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:35 am

If you search this, then will found inspiration/instructions, e.g I remember our own shamael posted detailed good instructions on how he did it and his experiences,though he did it for trackers, but should be likewise for save_path I would presume - I don't have time now to find shamael's post, but he used sed to replace wanted trackers in torrents.state of deluge profile-folder, with I believe sed, or maybe was search/replace with notepad++ or something. Good idea to backup first, both data and profile(state for sure).

Edit: shamael's post I talked about before, with the actual link posted in his last post there, which is for Linux, but as he stated, is helpful nonetheless for windows users to explain how stop deluge and what needs editing etc. I linked original post of his, instead of the following, because had backstory plus link from Cas, also posted by shamael, with python script from Cas to do this, as alternative solution. Note again, this is for trackers(mass changing passkey of tracker), not paths, but same principle applies. If you Google it, I'm sure you'll find direct examples also, as I remember reading that too vagually. Remember force-recheck afterwards usually fixes errors, if done correctly. Good luck :)

viewtopic.php?t=54208

shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Postby shamael » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:30 pm

Dear @mhertz, thank you for the reference and Hi :).

So to resume you have now the files on a different drive letter and/or different path and you want to reflect this in Deluge.
My procedure should work for this too, how ever my first action will be different:

What if:
-you start Deluge
-pause all torrents
-select them all and use "move storage"

The "move storage" option in the GTK client does well acts on multiple selected torrents, different behaviour than the tracker change so.
The only possible issue I see is the permission on the folder. And for multiple reason in windows do no change permission of a drive but always create a folder and change it there. Once the top folder is created with full permission the "move storage" is able to create subfolder too if needed

Of course if like me you have a specific tree under the configured download folder (movie, TV shows, etc etc) if may be better to replace the path with Notepad++ and Deluge process not running. With a backup copy of your profile (deluge not running there is no risk. But then you will still have to create the folder structure manually, reason I think first option is safer.

mhertz
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Postby mhertz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:38 pm

@shamael, Thanks likewise brother, appreciate you and your posting :) Take care mate and good weekend :)

Return to “Windows OS”