Transferring Deluge info to new Linux installation?

Angus77
New User
New User

Transferring Deluge info to new Linux installation?

Post by Angus77 »

How can I transfer my Deluge torrent information from my old Ubuntu installation (which i can't get to start, but I can still access the partition it's on) to my new installation (on another partition)?

I was in the middle of downloading some things that I'd like to finish without starting over again.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Transferring Deluge info to new Linux installation?

Post by johnnyg »

copy .config/deluge/ from your old partition to your new partition.

the download should continue from where it was as long as the pathname to your files hasn't changed.

if the pathname has changed (i.e. you were downloading the files to your home folder on your old partition) just copy the incomplete files over to the new partition and deluge should automatically detect the partially downloaded files and continue on from there ;)
Angus77
New User
New User

Post by Angus77 »

A half hour and I got a reply already! Thank you!

Unfortunately, .config/deluge on that drive is mysteriously empty...oh, well, I guess I'll just have to do things the hard way (and track down all the downloads again).
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

by .config/deluge/, I mean it's ~/.config/deluge/ (i.e. in your home directory)

even if it's empty, if you can get a hold of the .torrents for all your partially downloaded files, than all is not lost! simply add the torrent to deluge and then point it to the folder containing your partially downloaded file/folder and it should continue from there. good luck! :D