Re: Tip for the forum: Sections of languages other than English

Post by Festor »

One more for the cause :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

why not just let people try and post their question in English? If they mention their native tongue or their location then someone who speaks their language can reply.

It's really a supply and demand thing and IMHO at the moment there's not enough demand.
Also seeing the developers only speak English they would have to post in English in the development section anyway.
Festor

Post by Festor »

johnnyg wrote:why not just let people try and post their question in English? If they mention their native tongue or their location then someone who speaks their language can reply.
Not all know enough English to express themselves as well as their language.
johnnyg wrote:It's really a supply and demand thing and IMHO at the moment there's not enough demand.
Also seeing the developers only speak English they would have to post in English in the development section anyway.
Well, I am not speaking of separating the forum language. I am speaking of creating subforums for languages other than English.

In addition, a community with internationalization grows much more. because more people find it easier to participate.

Do not you have stopped to think that perhaps the community is small because it is restricted to just one language?

:roll: :|
rael

Post by rael »

Although not yet been demand, provide extra support to a range of users in their own language it's a great point for the growth of the community.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

This isn't a bad idea, of course, we'd need people to volunteer to moderate each subforum to keep it clean.

If you speak a language other than english and are willing to moderate, tell me
Former Deluge Developer
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

I think time would be better spent translating the FAQ to other languages. The 'community' is much to small to start segregating it into smaller sub-forums.
Festor

Post by Festor »

zachtib wrote:This isn't a bad idea, of course, we'd need people to volunteer to moderate each subforum to keep it clean.

If you speak a language other than english and are willing to moderate, tell me
Thanks zachtib. I speak Spanish and have experience as moderator, in addition to use as my client Deluge bittorrent default.
andar wrote:I think time would be better spent translating the FAQ to other languages. The 'community' is much to small to start segregating it into smaller sub-forums.
Please read the entire post from start to finish. A community that offers support for more than one language is really growing and receiving more visitors and users
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

andar wrote:I think time would be better spent translating the FAQ to other languages. The 'community' is much to small to start segregating it into smaller sub-forums.
how about putting the FAQ on http://translations.launchpad.net?

I don't think subforums are necessary (yet) however I do speak french fluently if need be.
Festor

Post by Festor »

http://translations.launchpad.net

Only allows po files if I am not mistaken.

With forums in different languages could be organized better translations of the FAQ and other documents into more languages.