Deluge ITX

furlow

Deluge ITX

Post by furlow »

Since downloading the new Deluge RC5, I like the new gt gui layout and I thought I would look at the Web UI. It is more comprehensive then ever more and you paractically change ever setting. Which brings us to our Idea I have an old power hungry Pentium 4 PC and running that all day or in the night when downloading tv shows is wasteful and expensive. So it got me thinking that I would build my self a Pico/nano or mini itx system, install Ubuntu server 8.04 and of course deluge. I would setup a session that starts up the deluge daemon and the web ui and then I can access all the settings from my main PC. I wanted to see if there would be any interest in this kind of product. obviously it would probably cost over $200 with the case and power supply.

I was also thinking that it would be good to have the deluge logo on the side of the box and it would have a blue color scheme. I will try to get the price down as much as possible to make it a bit cheaper. The device is going to include a hard drive, that the consumer will be able to select the size, smaller size would mean less expensive. I would be looking to make some profit which would be donated to the deluge projector and the mojo handheld project so that deluge can be ported to work correctly on Ubuntu for ARM, the beagle board.

Please just post what you think and if there seams to be a good interest then I will first of course make a prototype model..... I will make on anyones because I still want one.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Re: Deluge ITX

Post by mvoncken »

It's fun to build your own itx box with your own preferred specs.
I built a mini-atx box with an and m-audio card for my media-center/music-player/seed-box/san.

Low-cost mini pc's is are beginning to get mainstream, so i guess you won't sell any : http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=3321

Just manufacture some stickers and send some free ones to the developers :twisted: .
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge ITX

Post by zachtib »

I'm planning on making a Deluged virtual appliance and throwing it on a VMware Server
Former Deluge Developer