migrate deluge config between OS

xaeiou
New User
New User

migrate deluge config between OS

Post by xaeiou »

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate deluge configs between different OS, mainly windows and linux.

There have already been some threads about this which I've read, specifically:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14635
viewtopic.php?t=54146

The conclusions seem to be:

1. You can edit storage paths in torrents.state (plaintext) to match the new OS, and delete torrents.fastresume. Then your torrents will need to be rechecked when you start deluge.

2. You can try to edit paths in torrents.fastresume (binary) but the torrent will still need to be rechecked anyway.

The reason to do step 2 relates to my question, which is: what happens if you've made changes to filenames of the torrent data? eg, if I've changed "S01E01-blahblah.mkv" to simply "S01E01.mkv". I think this is not stored in torrent.state, but in torrents.fastresume (by "mapped_files" in that file). Just wondering if anyone else has done this kind of move and can confirm this is the case?

Anyway, I'll test myself and report back :)
xaeiou
New User
New User

Re: migrate deluge config between OS

Post by xaeiou »

I completed my migration, and can confirm mapped_files is storage in the torrents.fastresume, as are a number of other things as described here:

https://libtorrent.org/manual-ref.html#fast-resume

I managed to edit both torrents.state and torrents.fastresume with notepad++ (even tho the latter file is binary) and change paths to reflect the new server/OS configuration.

It seems if you are careful this can be done cleanly.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: migrate deluge config between OS

Post by shamael »

Thank you for the feedback :)