Code Documentation =D

Puma
New User
New User

Code Documentation =D

Post by Puma »

So I came to the Deluge website, pressed "Developement" and from there the link that said "Code Documentation". From there I found a documentation of the RPC under the heading of "Deluge RPC API".

From there I found exactly the function that I needed.
remove_torrents()

Ha ha. Very funny you guys. You got me. :lol:
Last edited by Cas on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove inappropriate comment
mhertz

Re: Code Documentation =D

Post by mhertz »

Funny how some dumbass people actualy think opensource devs owing you something and just a feeling of entitlement in general, just because you choose to use there work!

Lack of documentation, which is rather normal on opensource projects, is obviously not something done in vein og to spite you(how deluded are you man!), but simply just another thing to be crossed of the check list.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

@Puma What exactly is the issue? Also please consider the attitude presented in posting to forums.

The wiki code documentation links to Deluge docs on ReadTheDocs which has a section containing the details of the full RPC API: https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/develo ... e/api.html
Puma
New User
New User

Post by Puma »

mhertz, indeed it is obvious that it's not done to spite me or anyone else, therefore the logical conclusion must be that I'm being facetious and hyperbolic. All tho, looking at my post now that it's been edited by Cas, it isn't as obvious anymore. But I guess that's a thing when replying to edited messages, some of the subtext might have been lost in the edit. And where as lack of documentation is a mundane occurrence, this is the inverse of that, and that makes it rare and thusly way more funny.

Cas, I'm sorry. Did my flippant attitude hurt your feelings? For that I'm terribly sorry, and would like to assure you that in the future I will be addressing the matter with the appropriate level of seriousness.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

There is a fine line to convey sarcasm in text but your final comment certainly was not amusing and put the whole tone of your post in a negative and derisive light.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Had to do some googling there, i'll admit lol :) anyway, you're probably trolling as I cannot believe an intelligent person like you seem to be would think wishing the death of others beloved pets would be humourous and not being able to differentiate someone getting there feelings hurt with a light suggestion to consider ones attitude presented in public forums.
Puma
New User
New User

Post by Puma »

Cas, the problem with internet relayed sarcasm is that it needs to be blatant enough. If it's too subtle, it will invariably be taken at face value. So as such it was not intended to be amusing in and of itself, but absurd and outrageous enough to push the message as a whole over the blatant sarcasm threshold, so the overall tone would be humorous.

I truly am sorry that you saw my message in negative and derisive light. It was not my intention. As I'm sure it wasn't your intention to come across as a person with an attitude like you have a stick up your proverbial you know what. I'm sure it was just a matter of touchy subject for you. And if I would have concluded with "I hope you stub your toe." or "Cursed be thee. May the teeth of your children grow crooked!" you would have been less sore about it. So would you like to tell me about your dog, and how much you love it, and how much it means to you? Cause right now, not being a dog person myself, I'm finding difficult to relate to your set of values.

mhertz, not only that, but I'm also intelligent enough to see that "getting feelings hurt" and "express disapproval of attitude" are not mutually exclusive. In fact I feel like there is a strong correlation between the two, with one leading to the other. And humor is not a function of intelligence, it is more of a socio-psychological thing. From a psychological perspective it would be very wrong to assume that all intelligent people think that X is or isn't funny. I have seen academically successful intelligent people who think that Seth MacFarlane is funny. And while there is no way I can prove it to you, please take my word that I was not trolling, and I do think it was humorous. Almost as funny as dead babies. Not literal dead babies of course. Literal dead babies are tragic. Where as conceptual dead babies are hilarious.