2.0.0 release coming?

alllexx

2.0.0 release coming?

Post by alllexx »

Since 2015-08-09, after 5+ months of pause in development (at least, in terms of commits in the develop branch), there's now active development going on. I wonder if that means that a stable release is comming relatively soon? I use deluge develop version on my NAS (using Optware-ng) not too heavily, but regularly, update it from time to time, and it performs great. Not to mention that Cas (Calum Lind) is very helpful when it comes to eliminating issues. Many thanks to him :D
blazemonkey
New User
New User

Re: 2.0.0 release coming?

Post by blazemonkey »

I hate to be a pessimist, but from what I can decipher from the roadmap/timeline, when, and if 2.0 is ever released, torrents will probably be obsolete along with any operating system it can run on.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I'm optimistic too, but doubt it will come soon also. I understand big changes is getting in v2.0, but smaller things I don't understand why isn't in current versions when v2 seems so long away and been for years. Well, it's probably because it's features vs fixes, but still, being so conservative with an app that isn't exactly 100% stable to begin with, is a little over the top imho(i'm talking additions made years ago). Regardless, i'm very grateful for the free and open-source app and my opinion as a non dev/maintainer is irrelevant imho. Sorry if sounding like a jackass and again, i'm very grateful for every dev/contributer, past and present :)

Anyway i'm glad to hear someone is running it fine, as I was affraid of using it as didn't really thought it would be usable currently, though haven't investigated it honestly. I'm interested in an extra litlle command added in the CLI interface for once.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Well I hope the dev are still managing updates, my current personal setup took hours to be 100% functional. But I admit Deluge was not the major part of the time taken :). Up to now my biggest issue with 1.3.13/libtorrent 1.0.9 is the error when the service is restarted (lot of torrents in error and need a "force recheck". I suppose it's not a big deal with a powerful server but on my RPI setup it takes hours to complete

A search and replace function will be very helpful too, with the ability to simply search in the torrent list but change the passkey of tracker too in 1 pass. Cas provided script to do it but I didn't tried yet.

With the customization I made I'm able to seed as well as with my regular desktop with an ARM device...Really satisfying so. and I hope what I previously wrote will be handled in further version
Holocast

Post by Holocast »

someone is running it fine, as I was affart of using it as didn't really thought it would be usable currently Image