Info Deluge Shows

longshadows

Info Deluge Shows

Post by longshadows »

Kind of new to P2P and I'd like some questions answered to see if I'm reading the info in the Deluge columns correctly.
1) The Avail. column, if the number there is 0.9xx does that mean 100% of the DL is not available ?
2) Unless someone with 100%, seeds, then are we all stuck at below 100% ?
3) So I can't DL more than the peer with the highest % complete ?
4) Exp. I have 87%, my peers all have less than me, I'm still DLg, but Avail shows 0.910, since it's below 1.000, I'll stop DLg at 0.910 ?
5) Seed torrents until share ratio reaches, - what ?
6) A max share ratio would be, - what ?
7) Any of these "Network Extras" UPnP - NAT-PMP - uTorrent-PeX help or hurt downloads ?
8) Anything listed in the Plugins tab that is especially useful when enabled ?
TidusBlade

Re: Info Deluge Shows

Post by TidusBlade »

Ill try to answer as many :D
1) for example it says 5.763 Im pretty sure thats 5 seeds and I think the 763 means the highest amount a leecher downloaded till now is 76.3%
2) Usually yes, but say theres 2 100MB files, one person has the first and the second got the second 100MB file, you should be able to get both, ut It might take longer than usual.
3) You can, unless theres one seed, then your max is his %, but I think super-seed works diffrently...
4) Not sure here, but If Im right, since your highest leecher, it would be at least 1.870 unless your not connected to a seed then maybe 0.870, look at question 1.
5) Seed torrent for as long as you can, but most of the time a ratio of 1 is good enough...
6) Theres no max share ratio ;)
7) No idea, sorry =[
8) I enable what I need and it's good enough for me, each one has it's purposes ;)
I hope someone more experienced than me would be here :P I dont know everything but I hope this helps and is at least abit corrent :D
longshadows

Post by longshadows »

Thank you for a quick and informative response. I just don't like to use programs without some basic understanding, I want to know. The guys who designed this program are great and very busy, I understand they may not be so inclined to answer my questions on IRC, where I 1st tried. So thanks again. :D
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

longshadows wrote:I understand they may not be so inclined to answer my questions on IRC, where I 1st tried
it's not that we're not inclined to answer... there are only two active developers and we both live in the western hemesphere and have full-time jobs, so that messes up the hours that we're around for the rest of the world. we're always signed on to the channel, though, so if you ask and just leave your client connected, eventually one of us will answer. you just have to be patient and wait ;)
longshadows

Post by longshadows »

Thanks for your reply(markybob), I see you guys on IRC, I know you're busy continuing development of this great program. I certainly meant no slight against anyone on IRC, I'm there pretty much also(up365), trying to pick up any info I can, it's that I did kinda loose patience after asking what I thought weren't frivolous questions,like some I've seen, but anywho, I enjoy using Deluge, it's the best I've tried. :)