Auto set speed based on network usage

chrisbay90
New User
New User

Auto set speed based on network usage

Post by chrisbay90 »

Hello,

I am running a seed box on my home server. This ofcourse shares the internet connection that we all use. I used to have deluge scheduled to run all out at night and pause during the day, this is now somewhat inefective as usage patterns by various family members can't be well predicted. My teenage brothers, may...or may not be using the net at all hours of the night. During the house may be completly void of occupants and internet connected devices...then again, maybe one day it wont.

Is there a way to have deluge take a look at current network activity and adjust it's speed accordingly. To make things easier, all internet traffic is routed through a pppoe connection on said seed box.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Auto set speed based on network usage

Post by Cas »

The uTP support implemented in libtorrent 0.16 I believe will help with this situation.

However if you feel like learning some Python you could script it. One example would be to get data from a network monitoring tool like nagios and then connect as a client to deluged to change the limits.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Auto set speed based on network usage

Post by Cas »

I missed this new NetWatcher plugin that may be what you are looking for: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =9&t=40769