Howto Spoof Client ID

Kaitlyn

Howto Spoof Client ID

Post by Kaitlyn »

A lot of trackers do not allow certain bittorrent clients. Many of them support uTorrent but not yet Deluge. In order to temporarily spoof your client ID (until Deluge takes over the bittorrent world that is) do the following:

- open up src/deluge_core.cpp in a text editor
- find the line "M_ses = new session(fingerprint(client_ID, v1, v2, v3, v4));"
- change it to "M_ses = new session(fingerprint("UT", 1, 6, 1, 0));" (for uTorrent 1.6.1.0)
- other client IDs can be found in libtorrent/src/indentify_client.cpp

Of course you should also ask your tracker site admins to allow Deluge.
psyberOne

Re: Howto Spoof Client ID

Post by psyberOne »

As a word of warning I wouldn't do this unless you want to get banned from your site, this thread alone could be hurting the rep of Deluge. Some of the major sites are accepting Deluge as a beta client, and you can post in the forums or pm an admin to get Deluge on the accepted list of other sites. There are several clients that have been banned due to client spoofing and many more users for the same thing.
sluthead
Leecher
Leecher

Post by sluthead »

All the private trackers I use are working fine with deluge, even ones that don't officially support it. So let's not hurt that!
ginnagagab

Post by ginnagagab »

a word of warning indeed !!!

I am an admin on a popular BT site and noticed some of our members using this client
came here to check it out and signed up just to reply to this ...
there a ways of detecting a spoofed client ID, and rest assured, on our site this is the fasted way to get banned

and fyi - before we ban a client more info and complains are needed than just the simple fact that it is new and rather unknown

dishonest, cheating users on the other hand.... :evil: