Deluge still alive?

AnomynousPierson

Deluge still alive?

Post by AnomynousPierson »

Just stopped by and I'm rather surprised that while it's only hanging on by a thread, that deluge is still alive.
It sure is dieing one slow horrid death. Oh well.

I guess that's what happens when you abandon your users and get rid of your good devs. *shrugs*

P.S. Can't wait for the fork when control is taken away from andar. :)
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge still alive?

Post by johnnyg »

AnomynousPierson wrote:Just stopped by and I'm rather surprised that while it's only hanging on by a thread, that deluge is still alive.
It sure is dieing one slow horrid death. Oh well.
I'm not sure what observations you're basing that comment on but deluge is far from dead.
AnomynousPierson wrote: I guess that's what happens when you abandon your users and get rid of your good devs. *shrugs*
deluge hasn't abandoned its users nor gotten rid of its devs (developers have chosen to leave the project).
AnomynousPierson wrote: P.S. Can't wait for the fork when control is taken away from andar. :)
if someone chooses to fork deluge then they will grab a copy of the last version of deluge they consider good and maintain it in a way that they seem fit.
it doesn't involve taking away control from the current developer - it's not a corporate take over.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

Yup, some of us are even still lurking here... I'm quite happy with the recent Deluge releases
Former Deluge Developer
loki

Post by loki »

Next time you post you might consider being a bit more polite, this community doesn't exist just for you. And if not then feel free to find another group of developers to bother, we are not making you stay here.

Right there is proof that deluge is not dead, you brought a former deluge developer who hasn't posted at least in 9 months just to report to you.
Dan39
New User
New User

Post by Dan39 »

wow what a rude person...

I'd say deluge is far from dead. Not as popular yet as I think it should be, but it's still being developed. I think andar and others are doing a great job.

EDIT... this topic is much older than i thought :?
jrabbit

Post by jrabbit »

Undead. How rude to call it "dead."
yyovkov

Post by yyovkov »

Is there any better torrent client for linux?
I have introduced few of my friends with it and they are pretty happy with it. Even some people who are using windows.

Deluge has started new dimension torrent client and I believe in it's long term usage.
slumbergod

Post by slumbergod »

I must say I was surprised to see the sarcastic comment above.

Sure, Deluge has a reputation for being buggy but it is without a doubt the best torrent client for linux. I've tried many others and they all suck; I always come back to Deluge.

I visited the forum just to see if there was an updated release. There are always a few minor bugs that get cleaned up with each release. Sadly, there is not much in the way of news but the mean comment above kind of fills in some of the detail as to the reason.

I hope the devs continue to work...and maybe not updating it so frequently is a good thing. At the very least, there are still people who appreciate the effort and look forward to new updates.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

slumbergod wrote:I visited the forum just to see if there was an updated release. There are always a few minor bugs that get cleaned up with each release. Sadly, there is not much in the way of news but the mean comment above kind of fills in some of the detail as to the reason.
hardly. most work is being done in trunk which will be 1.2 when released, which is quite a drastic improvement over 1.1.x.
wamarler

Post by wamarler »

yyovkov wrote:Is there any better torrent client for linux?
Define better! I use rtorrent because I like the command-line interface to remotely log into my box instead of VNC. Also, I run rtorrent on my mythtv box where I don't want another window on the desktop. So in that sense rtorrent is "better." rtorrent doesn't have a native web-based interface though, which Deluge has, plus Deluge isn't ncurses based so it looks prettier, so in that sense it is "better."

There is also Azureus which runs on Linux, but it could be too feature-rich for some (ie, be considered bloatware).