Will Deluge on Linux connect to another linux deluge peer?

ductoschnore

Will Deluge on Linux connect to another linux deluge peer?

Post by ductoschnore »

I'm running 1.1.6 on ubuntu 9.04, and I think my setup preferentially connects to windows clients. If I look at my tracker and there are peers running transmission or deluge, even though we're both listed as connectable, we don't. Because 99% of downloaders use windows or mac, it's not really an issue, but seems odd.

As an unscientific test, I just tried downloading a ubuntu cd image; out of 200 clients that i quickly connected to, 3 were transmission, and 4 were deluge, so it's not like I can't connect at all, but... I don't have access to that tracker's stats, so I can't see how many run linux clients and how many windows.

So I have no proof of anything, and even with this quirk, deluge is the best client ever! But anyone else have this issue? Is this all in my head?

Thanks all
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Will Deluge on Linux connect to another linux deluge?

Post by johnnyg »

I think so.
I've seen deluge connect to other deluge clients whose versions matched the one in the ubuntu repositories.
I've also seen deluge connect to rTorrent (linux only afaik) as well as transmission (linux/mac).
But of course the majority of connections are to utorrent and azureus as they are the most popular on windows and unfortunately windows users make up the majority of downloaders.