The "Thanks for developing deluge" thread

LSD
New User
New User

Re: The "Thanks for developing deluge" thread

Post by LSD »

A big thankyou from me as well. To make a long story short alot of the private sites have no phased out Azuerus, and for the first time in 6+ years i had to go and find myself a new client. I tried utorrent2 and had the absolute experience from hell with it. From locking up my icon tray, to randomly not finding files i'd downloaded after shutting down the client, and a piss poor interface design i was about ready to scream when i remembered Deluge and decided to see how it'd come along. I'd downloaded it about a year ago quickly to put on my traveling laptop and thought it was nice back then but hadnt really checked in on it since.

From the nice interface to the open source and sorting by trackers feature this thing has everything i wanted and more. Wanted to say thankyou to everyone that has put there time and effort into something so nice and free for other people :)
PocketNerd

Post by PocketNerd »

Best torrent client ever. Thank you very much for the thought and effort you've put into it.
Mr. Gray

Post by Mr. Gray »

johnnyg wrote:there's a donate link on the download page.
Donation sent, now where's that snazzy hat?
darkphoenix22

Post by darkphoenix22 »

I have made a Linux distribution with Deluge included by default as a daemon, with the WebUI as the main interface.

As your software is the centerpiece of my distribution, I must thank you guys for all your hard work. The Deluge Web UI is a computer world wonder.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Ryan

PS you can check out my distribution at http://infinityos.net
theborder

Post by theborder »

Many thanks for an amazing client
discmeister

Post by discmeister »

Many thanks for all your hard work. Deluge has been just the ticket for my home server, with every feature I need and a small footprint.

Using the daemon remotely via a client on my laptop rocks, too!

Thanks again.

Discy
silver

"Thanks for developing deluge!"

Post by silver »

Its very rare these days to come across an open source community with such professionalism. I fell in love with Deluge the very first time I used it about a year ago. Recently wanting to compile the latest version I ran into some problems because of my lack of patience as well as experience. I requested help on IRC and after rereading and thinking about what I had just done I quickly felt 'noobish' which was very obvious.

Two administrators noticed my issues and were quick to respond with accurate and polite responses for fixes for my problems which I clearly did not understand. Because of the quality of service, reliability and probably most important friendliness I will be a life time supporter and deluge user.

Thanks once again you guys.
forkandspoon

Post by forkandspoon »

Deluge is a very well developed client/server model torrent client. Thank you for being open source and cross platform and helping to keep the open source community alive!
Ac-town

Post by Ac-town »

I love me some deluge.
Anderen2

Post by Anderen2 »

I just registred here to say THANK YOU! Tried 4 different torrent clients now after I had to switch from uTorrent.. BitLord which trew some random errors when it ran, BitComet which displayed ads in the corner each 3 mins. BitTornado which had no gui. And Azerus or however its spelled, which silently installed unwanted software on my computer without my permission... So Thank you! For saving me from all these bad torrent progs! :)