Newer versions of deluge download much slower

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
SGSeries2

Re: Newer versions of deluge download much slower

Post by SGSeries2 »

johnnyg wrote:max connections per second has been added back in 1.0.3.
Excellent. Also, I think your link to the faq idea is good. Deluge does have a link to the faq in the help section. The faq would definitely be useful for explaining the settings and giving suggestions.

I think default settings are a different story, though. Default settings should be 'plain as day' viewable/resettable. I'm a fan of being able to see/set what the default settings were without having to open up a browser to find them. Deluge doesn't have to go online to find its defaults, right? If not, then why should I have to to restore them? Might as well use the local default settings it came with and save some (albeit trivial) bandwidth.

If the faq were to be used as the source to find out what the default settings are, I'd suggest it explicitly say what they are.

I'd also just like to point out that I think the labels and hover-over descriptions used in the bandwidth section are quite good. I wish all the options had hover-over descriptions.
fkereki
New User
New User

Re: Newer versions of deluge download much slower

Post by fkereki »

The problem remains -- I've been looking around this forum, and there are many users with the same symptom: Deluge now works at best at 1/2 the speed of version 0.5 -- and in my case, it's more like one third or one fourth...