Newer versions of deluge download much slower

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Zissan
New User
New User

Re: Newer versions of deluge download much slower

Post by Zissan »

andar wrote:I am hoping that my recent change to how country codes are resolved will alleviate the slowness people have been complaining about..
Hi andar:
I have the same problem. Do you mean the version RC9 when you said "recent change"?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Zissan wrote:
andar wrote:I am hoping that my recent change to how country codes are resolved will alleviate the slowness people have been complaining about..
Hi andar:
I have the same problem. Do you mean the version RC9 when you said "recent change"?
No, this will be in 1.0.0 final.
banana989
New User
New User

Post by banana989 »

Thanks for the quick responses andar- Deluge Rules and it couldn't be done without you!
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Holy wowserpants batman! I just downloaded 1.0 and am getting the fastest speeds I have ever gotten over bittorrent! Like 300kb/s definitely maxing out my connection. Thanks guys, awesome!
frilibob
New User
New User

Post by frilibob »

tony1016 wrote:There must be something wrong with this new version.The same torrent in the old version,it can reach 100k,but it never get 30k in the new version.I hope the next rc can give us some good news.
Deluge 1.0.0 is out... but always slower than version 0.5.x. For my experience, the same torrent in version 0.5,it can reach 300k, but it never get 50k in the new version ! I'm waiting for 1.0.1. ;-)
gerdradecke

Post by gerdradecke »

same problem here, just installed 1.0.0 on lenny, deluge starts the torrent and goes up to 500-600k but then after a few seconds completely breaks down.. around 30k.. max would be about 2m though, so this isn't quite what i was hoping for.^^ checked the network settings, and tried different values.. no change..
onestone
New User
New User

Post by onestone »

Unfortunately I have to confirm this. Comparing Deluge 1.0 on Ubuntu Intrepid to Transmission 1.34, I have configured both identically (same connection limits, same upload speed limits, same everything except different ports, but they are open in both cases). With Transmission I easily reach more than 1000 KB/s speeds, while Deluge 1.0 rarely achieves about 200 KB/s on the same torrents.
ottk3
New User
New User

Post by ottk3 »

I also must confirm this problem... :-(
with the 0.5x i normally had downsteams of >1Mbit... with RC9 and now the 1.0.0 it seems to stuck between 150-300 Kb/s... i also tried the same torrents with the old version a got much more speed... My preferences are equal...? *confusig*

Any ideas?
DUser

Post by DUser »

I also must confirm this bug. I have tried deluge on windows and ubuntu. In either case utorrent (even under wine) and older versions of deluge outperform this new version. I am getting 30KB/s on downloading an Ubuntu torrent. I should be getting around 700KB/s
Nomad64
New User
New User

Post by Nomad64 »

I also must confirm this bug. I downloaded the new deluge client (1.0.0-1) for Ubuntu 8.04 and was experiencing slow speeds. I verified the network configurations were the same between clients, and used the same torrents for testing. With 0.5.8.9 I would easily max out my connection with 500Kbps or more; whereas with 1.0.0-1, I seemed to top out at 150Kbps (which then rapidly dropped). Not sure what the problem is, but it is definitely with the client.

I may try building from source later to see if that helps.