Newer versions of deluge download much slower

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jasonpeinko

Newer versions of deluge download much slower

Post by jasonpeinko »

The newer version of deluge download far slower than the 0.5 series, is there a way to speed up the new version, because other than that they are much better.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Newer versions of deluge download much slower

Post by johnnyg »

try configuring your bandwidth settings, it's the most probably cause of slow speeds.
that and make sure your ports are forwarded correctly.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

I am also having this problem, with the 0.5 branch I can max out my downstream and upstream connection (about 200k/s down / 30k/s up) no matter what I set the limits at. With the 0.9 branch, 0.9.08 to be precise, I have been tweaking all my bandwidth and connection limits and have gotten my speed to improve quite a bit, but it still maxes out at about 130k/s down 20k/s up, and it only achieves that speed if a torrent is very well seeded (i.e. more seeds than peers).. Seems like it can't be the bandwidth settings, as on deluge 0.5 it worked fine with everything on unlimited... any ideas?

EDIT:Also, I didn't mean to post my problems without my appreciation, the frontend/backend system for the new version is totally awesome. I like it better than any other clients even with a bit of a speed issue.
Last edited by gazpachoking on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nhasian

Post by nhasian »

your still getting much faster download speeds than me hah. i only get like 30k downstream. i should be seeing 300+ I'm not sure what the problem is but i hope to see a fix in the next release candidate.
jasonpeinko

Post by jasonpeinko »

johnnyg wrote:try configuring your bandwidth settings, it's the most probably cause of slow speeds.
that and make sure your ports are forwarded correctly.
Yep, been done.

I dont know what the problem is but the older versions of deluge seem to the only thing that gets good speeds on my laptop. I have tried; vuze, transmission, and utorrent. All get the same speed as the newest deluge.
rockerboo

Post by rockerboo »

I have found that deluge does not seem to handle a lot of connections well. Try limiting each torrent to about 50 connections, and the total connections to somewhere around 150. Once I did this, the speeds were like normal. Could be how it does the connections, or something else, I am not sure. If that fixes the problem, then I would say the problem is around there.
tony1016

Post by tony1016 »

There must be something wrong with this new version.The same torrent in the old version,it can reach 100k,but it never get 30k in the new version.I hope the next rc can give us some good news.
banana989
New User
New User

Post by banana989 »

Bump- experiencing the same slowdowns on Deluge. Feels like I'm on dial up again :(

Deluge 'About' Version shows 0.9.09; but I got the most recent build for Ubuntu 8.04 '1.0.0_RC9'
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

banana989 wrote:Deluge 'About' Version shows 0.9.09; but I got the most recent build for Ubuntu 8.04 '1.0.0_RC9'
0.9.09 == 1.0.0_RC9
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

I am hoping that my recent change to how country codes are resolved will alleviate the slowness people have been complaining about..