Bind to Interface or IP

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
garett

Bind to Interface or IP

Post by garett »

I was wondering if there was a way to force deluged to bind to an address or an interface?

In rtorrent, one does something like:
rtorrent -b xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I just need it to bind the external interface, not the internal remote control interface, however, that would also be handy if it is possible.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Bind to Interface or IP

Post by andar »

garett wrote:I was wondering if there was a way to force deluged to bind to an address or an interface?

In rtorrent, one does something like:
rtorrent -b xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I just need it to bind the external interface, not the internal remote control interface, however, that would also be handy if it is possible.
I plan on adding this to 1.1.0
Chiphead2XS

Post by Chiphead2XS »

It would be pretty cool if the same would be possible for the web ui so that you can tell the web ui to bind e.g. only to localhost so you can use tunneling to access the web ui and not have the web ui exposed to the whole world. ;)

Kind regards
bobbes
New User
New User

Post by bobbes »

Any news on this topic?
Im just asking because im using 1.1.0 right now and im not able to find an option to bind deluge on an specific ip/hostname.
yawie

Post by yawie »

Chiphead2XS wrote:It would be pretty cool if the same would be possible for the web ui so that you can tell the web ui to bind e.g. only to localhost so you can use tunneling to access the web ui and not have the web ui exposed to the whole world. ;)

Kind regards
I don't really see your point as either one of these options would work:
-you can disable remote connection in the options.
-If you do port forwarding (that means your server does not have public ip) it works like you want to
-you can add iptables rules.
bobbes
New User
New User

Post by bobbes »

I have the problem that i got a tracker inside my network.
So i have to enter my external IP (or my DynDNS Host) to my Torrent Client.
If i cant do this, other Clients (which use my tracker) cannot access my Client.
Chiphead2XS

Post by Chiphead2XS »

yawie wrote:-you can disable remote connection in the options.
That counts for deluged but not for deluge startet with web ui. Test it!
yawie wrote:-If you do port forwarding (that means your server does not have public ip) it works like you want to
That situation is only existent behind some NAT device like a router.
I'm speaking of dedicated servers that reside in data centers and are offered for renting which are usually not behind a NAT device.
yawie wrote:-you can add iptables rules.
Each and every service comes with a option that configures the daemon to bind to a specific port and IP. I don't see the point why deluge should not behave in the same well-mannered way. The port has to be bound anyway, giving a specific IP to bind to shouldn't introduce much trouble and in fact I tend to see that as good housekeeping.
yawie

Post by yawie »

OK, in case of a public server it may be usefull to bind only on localhost.
(for example if you are not root and thus not have access to iptables).
oneri

Post by oneri »

small patch for bind interface

in file deluge_webserver.py located in /usr/share/python-support/deluge-torrent/deluge/ui/webui (on my ubuntu 8.10, deluge v1.1.0 from this site)
find string server_address=("0.0.0.0", int(config['port'])) and change it for server_address=("X.X.X.X", int(config['port'])) where X.X.X.X is interface ip address.

In my opimion it for default must be 127.0.0.1 (for secure)
Sian
New User
New User

Post by Sian »

Any news on binding the bittorrent traffic to one interface (I assume the fix posted above relates only to the webserver)? I'd really like to see this feature in the client, ATM only Vuze and rtorrent do support binding the torrent traffic to one distinct interface.

Thanks!