Feature request: Better Labels

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
pete_h

Feature request: Better Labels

Post by pete_h »

I like the "Labels" in the development branch of Deluge, but I'd like to be able to use it as follows.

1. Create custom labels and add them to torrents
2. As well as viewing all torrents that match a certain label, I'd like to be able to view all the torrents that DON'T match a certain label.

Your thoughts, please.

Pete

(UPDATE: Ah, I see something like this has already been mentioned)
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Re: Feature request: Better Labels

Post by mvoncken »

1) is completely possibe in svn, have you tried using the a right-click in the sidebar?
2) I don't see the point , could you explain why you would frequently use it, and why sorting on status is not good enough for that?

dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

About filtering on "not in label".

I'm reluctant to add it because i'm trying to balance advanced features with a simple ui.
I can imagine many other useful filters, but i don't see yet how to elegantly add them to the ui, maybe i'll get inspired and see the solution , i just don't see it now.
pete_h

Post by pete_h »

mvoncken wrote:1) is completely possibe in svn, have you tried using the a right-click in the sidebar?
Is it only in svn, or is it in the latest RC too? I'm still running RC3 - I'll upgrade to the latest.
mvoncken wrote:About filtering on "not in label".

I'm reluctant to add it because i'm trying to balance advanced features with a simple ui.
I can imagine many other useful filters, but i don't see yet how to elegantly add them to the ui, maybe i'll get inspired and see the solution , i just don't see it now.
One possibility is a right-click option. The other possibility is a "Advanced Label Filter" plugin that allows you to go crazy.

The reason why I'd like this filter is that I have a lot of torrents that I'm seeding long-term. I'd like to be able to hide all these and just display torrents that are either (a) still downloading or (b) have only been seeding for less than a day. Maybe you can think of a better way of implementing this than a "not in label" filter.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

pete_h wrote: Is it only in svn, or is it in the latest RC too? I'm still running RC3 - I'll upgrade to the latest.
Only in svn , (the future 1.1).
pete_h

Post by pete_h »

mvoncken wrote:
pete_h wrote: Is it only in svn, or is it in the latest RC too? I'm still running RC3 - I'll upgrade to the latest.
Only in svn , (the future 1.1).
Cool, I look forward to it.

Pete
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

pete_h wrote:
mvoncken wrote:1) is completely possibe in svn, have you tried using the a right-click in the sidebar?
Is it only in svn, or is it in the latest RC too? I'm still running RC3 - I'll upgrade to the latest.
mvoncken wrote:About filtering on "not in label".

One possibility is a right-click option. The other possibility is a "Advanced Label Filter" plugin that allows you to go crazy.

The reason why I'd like this filter is that I have a lot of torrents that I'm seeding long-term. I'd like to be able to hide all these and just display torrents that are either (a) still downloading or (b) have only been seeding for less than a day. Maybe you can think of a better way of implementing this than a "not in label" filter.
I was thinking about adding 'Hidden' torrent state.. For torrents you want to seed indefinitely, but don't really want to see.. They would only show up in the 'Hidden' state label.
pete_h

Post by pete_h »

andar wrote:I was thinking about adding 'Hidden' torrent state.. For torrents you want to seed indefinitely, but don't really want to see.. They would only show up in the 'Hidden' state label.
That would suit me perfectly.

Pete
DJKool14

Post by DJKool14 »

What would be great is to have user-created labels that performed actions. One of the best examples of this is to have the torrent data moved to a particular subfolder of the download folder based on the Label, after the torrent has finished downloading. This lets you apply "movie", "show", "game" labels and have it automatically be placed in the correct media location.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

DJKool14 wrote:What would be great is to have user-created labels that performed actions. One of the best examples of this is to have the torrent data moved to a particular subfolder of the download folder based on the Label, after the torrent has finished downloading. This lets you apply "movie", "show", "game" labels and have it automatically be placed in the correct media location.
this will be in 1.1 (it's in the the screenshot).