Tip for the forum: Sections of languages other than English

Festor

Tip for the forum: Sections of languages other than English

Post by Festor »

I believe that creating sections for languages other than English greatly help people receive technical support with the deluge, better able to organize, to make even more popular deluge of it already is.

I am referring to the organization of the forum or the eMule aMule.

http://forum.amule.org/
http://forum.emule-project.net/

That is, a main section and very large in English and other sections in different languages such as Spanish, German, Trances, Italian, Portuguese ... Etc. ..

Please try to carry it out if you can, the popularity of a program largely depends on the user to understand and receive help in their language.

EDIT: Ah! And if you can add more templates language system phpBB forum will be happy: D
brettalton

Re: Tip for the forum: Sections of languages other than English

Post by brettalton »

I don't think any of the developers speak any other language besides English. Why not use http://google.com/translate for now?
Festor

Post by Festor »

I am not talking about developers, I am speaking of ordinary users who do not know English and who need help of the Deluge forum.
brettalton

Post by brettalton »

Shot in the dark:
¿Por qué no utilizar http://google.com/translate de ahora?
Festor

Post by Festor »

For several reasons:

-The translation is not perfect. Sometimes it is very bad.
-There is nothing comfortable going translating text by text.
-It is much simpler and easier to communicate with people who speak the same language.
brettalton

Post by brettalton »

I completely understand, I'm just saying I don't think there is enough of a community to make separate German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Chine, Japanese, Portuguese (etc) forums yet.
Festor

Post by Festor »

brettalton wrote:I completely understand, I'm just saying I don't think there is enough of a community to make separate German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Chine, Japanese, Portuguese (etc) forums yet.
Well, I am not speaking of separating the forum language. I am speaking of creating subforums for languages other than English.

In addition, a community with internationalization grows much more. because more people find it easier to participate.

Do not you have stopped to think that perhaps the community is small because it is restricted to just one language?

:roll: :|
Last edited by Festor on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brettalton

Post by brettalton »

I am not a Deluge developer and I am hardly a part of the Deluge community. I have made a couple posts here and there, made a rant once of how great Deluge is and that is about it.

My position and therefore my influence is next to none, so please, don't be insulted by what I say.

I am not against internationalization at all. I am extremely please with anyone and everyone that supports UTF-8 and internationalization. Example: http://www.ubuntu.com and http://www.kohanaphp.com.

The reason why I resist opening a multi-lingual forum at this point is: Once you open a forum for the Spanish language, then the Germans will want one, then the Sweds will want one, then the French will want one... and it goes on. What's wrong with that? Nothing yet. What is the problem, is once you start opening forums in other languages and you have no moderators, someone could simply say "Deluge is a piece of **** and so are you." and nothing would get done about it.

You need to have a plan for the forum and staff to moderate it else having a forum in your own language is just as unhelpful as one that is not.

I'd say: once you and about 5 other Spaniards join this forum -- most of which who do not speak English -- and you volunteer as the moderator, then you'd have your wish.
Festor

Post by Festor »

My position and therefore my influence is next to none, so please, don't be insulted by what I say.
Forgive, but I think that I have not insulted anyone. If you sense offended you I apologize.
The reason why I resist opening a multi-lingual forum at this point is: Once you open a forum for the Spanish language, then the Germans will want one, then the Sweds will want one, then the French will want one... and it goes on. What's wrong with that? Nothing yet. What is the problem, is once you start opening forums in other languages and you have no moderators, someone could simply say "Deluge is a piece of **** and so are you." and nothing would get done about it.
That is absolutely right. From that point of view is true, but... I propose something:

There will be no subforums in other languages without having a moderator available, ok?

And for now, at least, I offer myself as moderator of the hypothetical Spanish forum if no one else is interested. I have experience in moderating forums, for example, I am one of the current moderator of the Spanish aMule forum
rael

Post by rael »

I think it's a great idea and I also volunteer to work on the Spanish subforum if it is carried out.

The accessible and understandable support in the Linux community it's essential.