scheduler bug

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

scheduler bug

Post by lvm »

When I go into scheduler plugin preferences, change something for the currently active color - e.g. bandwidth and press ok, settings change - I can see it on the status bar, I can confirm it by an independent bandwidth meter, but when I press ok in the master preferences dialog, settings on the bandwidth tab of the preferences dialog override scheduler plugin settings. Eventually (in an hour? when the next period (color) starts?) scheduler settings kick in but the only way to change current behavior is to change settings in preferences-bandwidth which of course is another bug - if scheduler plugin is active global bandwidth settings should have no effect at all.

Scheduler plugin 0.5.6.1, deluge 0.5.8.9 - the last one that is not broken on 64-bit linux.

BTW if anyone cares, I suggest a complete scheduler interface rewrite: these colored cells are very awkward to use and impose considerable limitations, plain crontab-style text file would've been so much better.
man_in_shack

Re: scheduler bug

Post by man_in_shack »

lvm wrote:when I press ok in the master preferences dialog, settings on the bandwidth tab of the preferences dialog override scheduler plugin settings.
This is a known, unfixable issue with 0.5.x. It should be much better when the plugin for 1.x is developed, but no promises! :) Workaround is to hit "OK" in the Scheduler config dialog and "Cancel" in the main preferences.
lvm wrote:Eventually (in an hour? when the next period (color) starts?)
When the next colour period starts. This is by design.
lvm wrote:the only way to change current behavior is to change settings in preferences-bandwidth which of course is another bug - if scheduler plugin is active global bandwidth settings should have no effect at all.
This is also by design. The reason is there's no way in 0.5.x to prevent the main preferences from being disabled when the Scheduler runs without some (in my opinion) intrusive code. The current behaviour of Scheduler in 0.5.x allows you to set a temporary set of limits that will be in effect until the next colour change.
lvm wrote:BTW if anyone cares, I suggest a complete scheduler interface rewrite: these colored cells are very awkward to use and impose considerable limitations, plain crontab-style text file would've been so much better.
I fully agree with you on this and will be looking in to rewriting the Scheduler plugin for 1.x.