New features in SVN

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

New features in SVN

Post by markybob »

If you're a newbie, don't consider yourself a poweruser, or have no idea how to get our SVN code without looking it up, stop reading this. We do *NOT* want you using SVN (at least, right now). It's nothing against you; it's actually for your own good.

To those of you who are powerusers, SVN needs some testing and feedback.
Changes:
* Manual force-recheck
* Blocklist plugin will now display errors, instead of just crashing on a bad list or wrong type
* Fix ratio bugs (hopefully for the last time)
* Add preference for the location of torrent files
* Add autoload folder

There's actually a lot to the first three changes, even though they may seem simple, so there could be a lot of little quirks. Now it's up to you to knock it around a bit :)

FYI, if you close Deluge right after starting it, it will freeze. I know this and you don't need to report it. However, if Deluge is running for a bit before closing, it should exit cleanly.

Thanks
MoJo

Re: New features in SVN

Post by MoJo »

I noticed if you leave Deluge running for a bit (~20-30 mins) it hangs, stalls and seems like it crashed. By seems like it crashed I mean that when I even try to "End Process" Deluge doesn't respond ... I would have to "Kill Process" to effectively shut it down.

My OS is Ubuntu Gutsy, and the SVN revision I'm using is 2118 ... I haven't tried the current SVN Rev.

EDIT: I know this is a bit vague, but I'll try and gather more detailed info.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

MoJo wrote:I noticed if you leave Deluge running for a bit (~20-30 mins) it hangs, stalls and seems like it crashed. By seems like it crashed I mean that when I even try to "End Process" Deluge doesn't respond ... I would have to "Kill Process" to effectively shut it down.

My OS is Ubuntu Gutsy, and the SVN revision I'm using is 2118 ... I haven't tried the current SVN Rev.

EDIT: I know this is a bit vague, but I'll try and gather more detailed info.
could you test with svn rev 2144? freezing should be fixed. note that it should take 3-4 seconds to close, but if it freezes for longer than that, please report it.
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Hello markybob,

Firstly sorry about the delayed response ... and sadly this issue seems to still linger. Actually now Deluge even hangs when you try to close it, whereas last time it would silently just become unresponsive. So now it freezes on closing and still becomes unresponsive after a while. My details are the same as before, but what has changed is the revision which currently is rev. 2159.

Is there a way of obtaining crash logs or more detailed info from Deluge upon it crashing or having errors as running it from terminal yields no visible errors. Any "Assertions", Pop-Up dialog upon an error, or Debug release for the SVN version?
bb10

Post by bb10 »

Same here, freezes on shutdown. Have to kill it.

Haven't tried it long enough to see if it freezes after using it for a while.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

http://bluetack5.snowmanuk.net.nyud.net ... splist.zip seems to be redirecting to a not found page which would normally cause the blocklist importer to freeze and then crash on restart but I'm happy to report that it's now giving the "wrong file type or corrupted blocklist file" :) Maybe you should put something in the FAQ telling people that this message can relate to the site being down (or file being missing) because it might cause new users to scratch their heads.

Also it would be great if it could keep a backup of the previous blocklist.cache, like that if there is a corrupt or in our case missing blocklist file it'll just load the old one instead of not loading one at all.

And I'm also getting deluge freezing on shutdown. killing it doesn't work either, I have to actually restart. :(
bfoos

Post by bfoos »

markybob wrote: FYI, if you close Deluge right after starting it, it will freeze. I know this and you don't need to report it. However, if Deluge is running for a bit before closing, it should exit cleanly.

Thanks
What exactly is your definition of "a bit"? I've left several of the latest svn revisions (up to 2210) open for as a long as 12 hours and every one of them stops responding, forcing a force quit on Gutsy.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

svn up to 2211 and let me know if you still get it. it's supposed to hang for about 4 seconds, while it disconnects from the trackers, and then close.
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

I am not sure if you testers/svn users is aware but if you are testing new svns, you should have minimum plugins enabled. Esepecially webui plugin. I am not sure how this webui has been improved since I last use it but from the last time I checked, even on release, everytime I enable webui, deluge will not be stable. Right now, without webui my deluge is already running for 4 days already. But that is 0.5.6.2 though.
bfoos

Post by bfoos »

markybob wrote:svn up to 2211 and let me know if you still get it. it's supposed to hang for about 4 seconds, while it disconnects from the trackers, and then close.
2211 still stops responding when closing the program. Building 2214 right now, I'll try it out later.

**EDIT**
2214 still freezes. No plugins are enabled and it freezes regardless if there is an active torrent or the list is cleared. Building 2216 right now.