Peers cannot connect to my computer

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
der.scott
New User
New User

Peers cannot connect to my computer

Post by der.scott »

Hi,

I've stumbled upon a weird issue: When seeding torrents, I regularly see other clients, mainly qBittorrent or Transmission trying to connect to my computer, but they cannot, even as I don't have any limits on upload slots or connected clients. They simply disappear from my peers tab after a few seconds. Curiously, I started Deluge from the command line with loglevel info option to see what might cause the issue.

The only thing I recognized was the following error message:

Code: Select all

[WARNING ][deluge.core.torrentmanager        :1621] on_alert_performance: [TORRENT NAME]: performance warning: too few ports allowed for outgoing connections, too_few_outgoing_ports
My connection limits weren't actually hit and even increasing them to insane values didn't help. There were just more clients trying to connect without success (I increased the number of allowed connections and connection tries from 20 to 100).

My client's version is 2.1.1 with libtorrent 2.0.5.0.

Does anybody know what might cause this issue?

Thanks for your help,
der.scott
der.scott
New User
New User

Re: Peers cannot connect to my computer

Post by der.scott »

P.S.: What I forgot to mention:
I have tried both random outgoing ports and a port range from 59000 to 60000, both settings didn't resolve the issue.
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Peers cannot connect to my computer

Post by shinger »

Hello der.scott,

Could you answer a few questions so we can have a more clearer picture to troubleshoot what is going on.

- How is your current setup?
- Where is Deluged installed on?
- Do you have SSH access to that device? And full user access (root access)
- Type of OS? (cat /etc/os-release)

That way we can start looking what is going on with a solid foundation of what we are working with.
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2