Start deluge with all torrents in "Stopped" state

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lazyrising
New User
New User

Start deluge with all torrents in "Stopped" state

Post by lazyrising »

Is there a way to start deluge with all torrents set to "Stopped" status?

I didn't see a parameter for this in the conf files. Thinking about deleting the fast resume file, would that work to set all torrents back to a stopped state?
mhertz

Re: Start deluge with all torrents in "Stopped" state

Post by mhertz »

Not other than changing queue settings to '0' for download/seeding/total as far I know.

Deleting fastresume wouldn't stop torrents no.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

IIRC deleting fastresume would just cause them to start in a 0% state, and proceed to recheck as if they were just added.

Not sure on this, just what I remember.
lazyrising
New User
New User

Post by lazyrising »

mhertz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:17 pm Not other than changing queue settings to '0' for download/seeding/total as far I know.

Deleting fastresume wouldn't stop torrents no.
This might work. In this solution, seeding torrents will continue to seed, but the '0' would prevent torrents from downloading?

If so, that behavior would work for my needs.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Yes, setting "max_active_downloading": 0, would effectively stop any downloads from starting.
lazyrising
New User
New User

Post by lazyrising »

Is there a way to stop rechecking as well?

Basically I moved a lot of files from that seeding folder y disk without stopping them first in deluge. At first bootup, it's seeing the missing files and immediately starting to recheck and redownload, trying to recreate a ton of files.

I'd like to be able to stop this behavior, go into deluge, then delete the errored torrents.

EDIT:

Even with the following set:

"max_active_downloading": 0,
"max_active_limit": 0,
"max_active_seeding": 0,

It is force rechecking on startup and creating a bunch of files (hardlinks?) in the old location.
Last edited by lazyrising on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

If you set max active downloading, I'm not sure how it would start downloading anything....
lazyrising
New User
New User

Post by lazyrising »

It looks like there are rechecks or something still happening since I can see the files being created on disk.
lazyrising
New User
New User

Post by lazyrising »

I fixed this. Rechecking is not downloading, that is a torrent in seeding state that is trying to resume. Setting max download to 0 doesn't have an effect on those.

I used a workaround by setting the seeding ratio to 0.0, and then setting active torrents to stop if that ratio has been hit.

This had the effect of stopping all my active seeds as they all had a ratio above 0.0. I was then finally able to open the WebUI and delete those old torrents
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for posting your solution :) I found it strange that not simply limiting seeds from queue settings(top) not enough(and total maybe too, always forget the corrolation there), but read in a previous edit of yours that it didn't, and honestly I questioned that, but now just tested and you're right, sorry. Strange to me... I will look into this, as seems like an issue to me, unless i'm not understanding it i.e. pressing apply queues seeds, but then pressing OK or restarting, unqueues them??? Anyway, as said, thanks.

Edit: Doh, never mind me, i'm an idiot, and forgot what i often post to others lol i.e. only works for torrents added after changing these settings, so moot in OP's case, sorry for bad suggestion initially then and good job finding proper one.