Stopped working

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Edwards45
New User
New User

Stopped working

Post by Edwards45 »

I opened Deluge and all my downloads have vanished and it wont accept new torrents. It was working fine yesterday.
My downloads are still in the download folder.
mhertz

Re: Stopped working

Post by mhertz »

Hopefully I'm not wasting time answering a bot(your name fits such, though pretty generic obviously, and content little bit too, no offence). Anyway, enable debug-logging and/or try fresh profile(rename old to let deluge generate new).

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Tro ... ficLogging

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq ... ingsconfig
spsandheinrich
New User
New User

Post by spsandheinrich »

If I may, I'd like to piggyback on this thread because my server stopped working as well, actually several months ago. I enabled debug log and added a couple of torrents to get some results. I would greatly appreciate some feedback on how to get this resolved. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
deluged.log.txt
(38.64 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
spsandheinrich
New User
New User

Post by spsandheinrich »

A bit more information that may be helpful. This is the status of the services.

pi@my-server:~ $ sudo systemctl status deluged
● deluged.service - Deluge Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/deluged.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2024-03-11 06:42:22 EDT; 1min 38s ago
Main PID: 577 (deluged)
Tasks: 3 (limit: 1595)
CPU: 3.883s
CGroup: /system.slice/deluged.service
└─577 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/deluged -d

Mar 11 06:42:22 my-server systemd[1]: Started Deluge Daemon.
pi@my-server:~ $ sudo systemctl status deluge-web
● deluge-web.service - Deluge Web Interface
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/deluge-web.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Mon 2024-03-11 06:42:26 EDT; 1min 41s ago
Process: 583 ExecStart=/usr/bin/deluge-web (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 583 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CPU: 2.001s

Mar 11 06:42:22 my-server systemd[1]: Started Deluge Web Interface.
Mar 11 06:42:26 my-server systemd[1]: deluge-web.service: Succeeded.
Mar 11 06:42:26 my-server systemd[1]: deluge-web.service: Consumed 2.001s CPU time.
pi@my-server:~ $

When I launch the web interface and paste in the URL for the torrent, it is never added to the download queue. In addition, when I specify the download directory, it continues to prompt me after pasting the URL for the directory to download. I have confirmed that I have access to that Samba share with full rights. I am running bullseye on a Raspberry pi device.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Despite the etiquette of not hijacking another person's thread, I would tell you to try the exact same thing mhertz suggested to the OP.

I would guess there is some corruption in your configs somewhere, but given that your debug log shows little besides a general critical error, it's kind of hard to tell.

Rename the config directory or use -c argument to specify a different config folder and allow it to generate a new one. If this works, change your settings back to what you want, and move the state folder (while deluge is not running) over and try again. Do this incrementally so you can narrow down if any of these steps creates the issue again.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

There's a bunch of twisted errors in that log, but not very verbose about issue sadly, though it's pretty normal with lots of errors in log when using older deluge versions, so not sure how important, though surely would update if having the ability. Thanks for log though :) Anyway, before I try reproduce this, in a bullseye VM/livecd later on(maybe first tomorrow realistically), then do you have the '-d' switch enabled for deluge-web in deluge-web.service? I can see from your nicely posted info that deluge-web failed to run properly, which also would show as such in that situation, though some other things look little otherwise, plus probably far off since you can interact with it you stated, unless some cached copy or something, but just a quick thought. Remember run 'sudo systemctl daemon-reload' after editing a service file, if editing it manually, and not through systemctl's 'edit' command.

Also, @Edwards45, it seems I likely was wrong in my original assumption, and so I apologize for jumping the gum, also just in general I see in hindsight I was too quick there, so shouldn't have said that regardless(with such little go by), hope you will accept a sincere apology.

Edit: @ambipro, didn't see your meanwhile reply buddy, need polish my glasses, well if had such atleast... :)