Raspberry Pi 5 on bookworm deluge errors

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
chewy74

Raspberry Pi 5 on bookworm deluge errors

Post by chewy74 »

Hi, I'm trying to get deluge installed on my Pi 5 on bookworm and I'm getting a lot of errors. My knowledge is as far as following install guides, but runs into trouble when I get errors. So any help would be appreciated...
Here's the errors.
https://pastebin.com/zQYhj6rG
mhertz

Re: Raspberry Pi 5 on bookworm deluge errors

Post by mhertz »

https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/c ... ed0f2c3206

Code: Select all

sudo find /usr -path "*/deluge/log.py" -exec sed -i 's/stack_info=False/*args, **kwargs/' {} \;
chewy74

Post by chewy74 »

mhertz wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:42 pm https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/c ... ed0f2c3206

sudo find /usr -path "*/deluge/log.py" -exec sed -i 's/stack_info=False/*args, **kwargs/' {} \;
Thanks for the help. I was able to get deluge 2.0.5 installed on my Raspberry Pi 5 by adding ppa to the source.list.

Im able to connect everything, but after reboot the deluge-web won't connect. My deluge-web.service file is this

[Unit]
Description=Deluge Web Interface
After=network-online.target deluged.service
Wants=deluged.service

[Service]
Type=simple
User=pi
Group=pi
UMask=027
ExecStart=/usr/bin/deluge-web
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
When I check the status after a reboot I get the following

pi@RPi5:~ $ sudo systemctl status deluge-web
× deluge-web.service - Deluge Web Interface
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/deluge-web.ser>     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2024->   Duration: 1.309s
    Process: 872 ExecStart=/usr/bin/deluge-web Restart=>   Main PID: 872 (code=exited, status=2)
        CPU: 586ms

Feb 19 21:44:04 RPi5 systemd[1]: Started deluge-web.ser>Feb 19 21:44:05 RPi5 deluge-web[872]: usage: deluge-web>Feb 19 21:44:05 RPi5 deluge-web[872]:                  >Feb 19 21:44:05 RPi5 deluge-web[872]:                  >Feb 19 21:44:05 RPi5 deluge-web[872]:                  >Feb 19 21:44:05 RPi5 deluge-web[872]: deluge-web: error>Feb 19 21:44:05 RPi5 systemd[1]: deluge-web.service: Ma>Feb 19 21:44:05 RPi5 systemd[1]: deluge-web.service: Fa>lines 1-16/16 (END)
[1]+  Stopped                 sudo systemctl status deluge-web
Deluge. Service is active and I have to manually run

deluge-web -f
To get the webui to load and have to manually connect to the server.

How do I get it to all load and connect to the server after reboot?

Thanks again for your help
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome :)

You need add '-d' switch to 'deluge-web' to stop it forking so systemd can monitor it's state(or else would need change service to 'Type=forking'). Remember 'sudo systemctl daemon-reload' afterwards, unless using 'sudo systemctl edit deluge-web' for the edit.
chewy74

Post by chewy74 »

mhertz wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:03 pm You're welcome :)

You need add '-d' switch to 'deluge-web' to stop it forking so systemd can monitor it's state(or else would need change service to 'Type=forking'). Remember 'sudo systemctl daemon-reload' afterwards, unless using 'sudo systemctl edit deluge-web' for the edit.
Awesome! I got the deluge-web.service file active, but it's still not connecting the web interface with the active daemon after reboot.

I have the ports forwarded on my router also.

Any ideas?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

This should do it :)
chewy74

Post by chewy74 »

mhertz wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:18 pm This should do it :)
Everything appears to be in working order. Thank you so much for your patience, knowledge and support. You are an absolute GOAT
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thank you for saying that my friend, way to much credit, but I'll take it! Appreciate you :)
chewy74

Post by chewy74 »

@mhertz

If I wanted to update deluge to latest 2.1.1 from 2.0.5 I would have to update the ppa sourcelist

I used

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/stable/ubuntu/ xenial main

gpg --keyserver hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys C5E6A5ED249AD24C
Install the key :

gpg --export 8EED8FB4A8E6DA6DFDF0192BC5E6A5ED249AD24C | sudo apt-key add
What is the new updated sourcelist with version 2.1.1? And is the differences between the two versions enough to go through the hassle of upgrading it to 2.1.1 on the pi5?

Thanks
chewy74

Post by chewy74 »

chewy74 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:22 pm @mhertz

If I wanted to update deluge to latest 2.1.1 from 2.0.5 I would have to update the ppa sourcelist

I used

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/stable/ubuntu/ xenial main

gpg --keyserver hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys C5E6A5ED249AD24C
Install the key :

gpg --export 8EED8FB4A8E6DA6DFDF0192BC5E6A5ED249AD24C | sudo apt-key add
What is the new updated sourcelist with version 2.1.1? And is the differences between the two versions enough to go through the hassle of upgrading it to 2.1.1 on the pi5?

Thanks
Found the answer to part of my question from here
Formula Juan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:10 pm I've not so much answered but rather sidestepped a few of my own questions or the points I raised in my first post.

First of all for my fellow Debian 12 users, you can install newer versions of Deluge by adding the deluge team's Ubuntu PPA to your /etc/apt/sources.list.

#Deluge PPA
deb https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/deluge-team/stable/ubuntu kinetic main
deb-src https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/deluge-team/stable/ubuntu kinetic main
Then apt update.

You may also need to manual accept the PPA's key.

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 8EED8FB4A8E6DA6DFDF0192BC5E6A5ED249AD24C
More details regarding the PPA strings above, and more importantly, the key can be found on the deluge-team PPA.

That's how I was able to install deluge 2.1.1 on Debian 12. As for the server / deluged, I installed that in an Ubuntu 23.10 based LXC container and 23.10 already has version 2.1.2 in it's repos.

I've no added all the same plugins that I used to use but rather than restore my old .config folder, I've decided to start fresh and manually import my old torrents one by one. I've made this decision for several reasons but mainly because it will let me go through my old setup, validate it, and fix some less ideal setup choices I made when I last installed 1.3.15.

I will update this thread if I run into the same CPU usage issue, now that I'm using 2.1.x.