[SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mhertz

Re: [SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

Post by mhertz »

Sorry not a full solution then, thanks for letting me know. I haden't actually given up on this yet, and still working on getting it used in a plugin(into startfilter plugin), here and there, but haven't succedet yet lol, though was pretty close to call it quits soon if no progress, but will also look into your issue, well same but that old fix I mean, with slow devices. Will update if find something, though little slow currently admittedly, but haven't forgotten atleast, is just my point. Thanks bro.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

mhertz wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:53 am Sorry not a full solution then, thanks for letting me know. I haden't actually given up on this yet, and still working on getting it used in a plugin(into startfilter plugin), here and there, but haven't succedet yet lol, though was pretty close to call it quits soon if no progress, but will also look into your issue, well same but that old fix I mean, with slow devices. Will update if find something, though little slow currently admittedly, but haven't forgotten atleast, is just my point. Thanks bro.
awesome thanks for your effort. really appreciated!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

About the fixed file I provided, then I couldn't reproduce here, though also only had 5 torrents loaded at most, so probably that's why. I tested with my phone, which is low-end, but as said, worked fine. Anyway, if delay is a fix for this, then I changed the file to in addition changing filter immediately, then also after 5 secs delay again. Hopefully helps, but as said, not sure as couldn't test myself. Old link refreshed,
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

This doesn't appear to work on thin client FYI. Showing empty works, but it still loads All by default even though it appears that Active might be select?

Not sure if this is a bug or something on my end, or just wasn't meant for thin-client?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry I'm little confused now, and also my previous post was not very verbose and was about webui and the deluge-all-debug.js file. To be honest I was lazy and implemented and tested on linux(and phone) and when finished I edited the file on my windows VM with working fix and uploaded, though without testing there(though unless I f*'ed up something, then should work, standard js, setTimeout() ). If testing on linux(unraid etc), then that file not used by default, the non-debug is, like should, and just the windows installer little f'ed up, and so works there. On nix can force that file with adding ?debug=1 after the ip:port in browser or rename the non-debug to end in e.g '-off' etc. Also, greendude120 has sidebar_show_zero enabled, so I didn't need mess with that here, like I had to in plugin, and so without that option will select second filter irregardless what is at the time(which sidebar_show_zero avoids, as 'active' always second filter then).

The plugin from older times was for gtkui, regular and thinclient both.

Edit: I retest plugin later, probably tomorrow and get back to you.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Hey i tested the new one. Still same issue on tablet and my windows client was constantly switching filters on first load it was all bugged out so i had to revert back to your previous .js

Thanks again for trying!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I'm sorry f'ed it up, apologies, will test it later on windows and deeper on linux probably, sound strange should be windows issue only, but unless blind or something, didn't notice such myself :) I will return if finding something, though little bit doubt it's about a delay for the selection code(tablet fix I mean), but don't really know anything about that honestly, and just a longshot somewhat, and if not that, then I'm out of ideas when cannot reproduce personally(lack of torrent amount probably). Thanks for feedback/testing bud.

@ambipro, will test your issue later, when on my computer to test.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

No big deal, I was just letting you know. It's not a big deal to me.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@greendude120, Sorry bro, I cannot reproduce, so probably a case of for some reason not working with many torrents, for whatever reason. I tested that newest webui file on linux, windows and my phone, though only 5 torrents loaded but phone is a 150 dollar android motorola g20, so low spec indeed, like my computer(i'm little cheap honestly lol). It always here goes to second filter, so always 'Active' selected at startup/refresh with sidebar_show_zero enabled, and else whatever else number 2 in filter-list. No jumping around or other crazyness observed here neither. As said, will return if thinking of some more, and will still on/off work little on seeing if can make plugin as said. Sorry bro, really would like to help you, I can tell you're a good guy, so hence, and not that happy about it honestly, but what can you do. In meantime, take care :)

@ambipro, Thanks for letting me know, appreciated! I couldn't reproduce here though, but again probably issue of having more torrents than me, though still sounds strange, but whatever, and as said, appreciate the testing/feedback bro. Anyway, if downloaded it long ago, then I kept updating it for couple weeks after, as needing all sorts of workarounds to get working fully for me. It unselects all filters and adds a filter to torrentview from what you input'ed in preferences, and then selects filter matching that , in sidebar, and if sidebar_show_zero not enabled, then starts a loop in background waiting for when that you selected becomes available(e.g. if selected 'Active' and no active torrents unless 30 secs after startup etc.). No loop needed for sidebar_show_zero enabled of-course(as choosen filter never hidden). If not inputting anything in preferences, then I can see adds a filter for label == "", so nothing shown, which I guess fine, but an oversight and should make it explicit for the filtering torrentview line, but no biggie I would guess. I tested it on windows 10 VM and linux, both in thinclient and regular. Thanks bro as said.

Edit: @ambipro, forgot test empty selection in preferences under windows, and indeed you're right, thanks bud. I actually never though of an empty selection when making it, so never tested such before, but makes sense, so should work of-course. I'll fix it up later and add an edit about it. I tested it 5 times roughly each here, but only failed on windows and in non-thinclient mode strangely, for whatever reason here, but irregardless, probably just intermittent like I've been bitten a couple times by lately, annoyingly, I need to make proper test case for it obviously(empty selection). Thanks!
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

PM me if you need testing as always