Now torrent is turned to Error status

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Now torrent is turned to Error status

Post by Menard »

I don't now why but I have errors now each time I begin a download, the torrent turns red shortly after being started and after some repeated times like this it ended to download.
ambipro

Re: Now torrent is turned to Error status

Post by ambipro »

You give us no context, there are a million things it could be.

I would suggest you turn on some sort of logging and share the results, and also check what the Tracker status is when they are erroring.

"A torrent errors, tell me why" is not something anyone is going to be able to help you with

https://man.archlinux.org/man/deluged.1.en for the arguments to turn logging on
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

OK, as a context I can only say I changed something in the Preferences/Network before that.
In incoming ports I had checked "Random" and then I unchecked it
And I have changed the incoming port but it changed nothing because anyway I block all incoming connections with the UFW Firewall .. .anyway it is
not a problem because my ISP's router is not able to allow a port to accept incoming requests, I checked it, so I don't remenber which port was in
Deluge's parameters before that ...
I ll try what you suggest
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

You can do the same thing (with the deluge binary in linux) as I outlined here with preferred paths

viewtopic.php?p=237280#p237280

If you want to try with your current config, don't use the -c argument.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

It tends to be more and more a problem, for some new one it works but here i have one that is only 56 MB and I am stuck to 57 % and another one, it will be more easy for me to try another client to see where it comes from
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Easier to install a whole different client than run one command.

Sure man, do you.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

Which command ? I don't know
Anyway I ve done something else, I changed the partition of the download and it fixed this problem.
I wonder though why it is such a problem with a partition, this hard disk is correct, all SMART parameters are good, I had recently to check the partition because it didn't mount when I tried to mount it and it found nothing to repair.
Why Deluge doesn't like this partition anymore ?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

You keep asking us very specific questions about your very specific problem without giving us any details beyond "it doesn't work and it should work"

It's not in helping us to know what suggestions to give you, and it ultimately does not help you because we have no idea.

Give us details, preferably logs.

The one command is the command I gave in the post I linked you to above, when you asked me how to enable logging

viewtopic.php?p=237280#p237280

I give instructions and documentation on turning logging to a file on.
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

Hello Menard,

It could be that the permissions or ownership of the directory that is being downloaded to are no longer correct. As ambipro said, if you give the log output you can for sure know the cause of it.

I am not sure if you are a Windows user in general, but just speaking about my own experience when i was still using Windows as my daily driver. As with Windows if you see the logs or no logs with applications often it is just the same and you still don't know the reason why something is not working. In the world of Linux it is completely different. If applications are open source within a short amount of time you already are able to pinpoint why something is not working or even if it is a bug. Speaking as a Linux Engineer at a managed hosting company as a profession (previously Windows system administrator at a different company while at home always used Linux as my daily driver).

We can even help you with managing different level of log output and also turn on logrotate for deluge, so deluge logs are not getting to big. Just setting up deluge the correct way and you being able to always help yourself if something is not working :).
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

I am on Linux Mint, and quite afraid to lose my configuration; on Linux, things work when it wants, you never know ...
The problem is not to execute it in command line, it is to execute it with another config file ... what happens then depends on linux distribution, linux kernel version, other utilities versions etc etc and my settings
I am even not sure to be able to restaure my /.config/deluge with a backup