Sluggish app & web UI.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Sluggish app & web UI.

Post by idiocracy »

Is there something that can be done to fix the extreme slow and unresponsive UI. A 100 connections pushing around 150mbit and it's basically impossible to use either the app or the web UI. Becomes completely unresponsive, or it just takes an entire minute between clicking something until an action happens.
ambipro

Re: Sluggish app & web UI.

Post by ambipro »

When you say 100 connections, do you mean 100 torrents? or 100 active?

How many torrents are loaded into Deluge total? The UI in Web can start to act how you describe, depending on the host's hardware, at different levels...but using the thin or standalone client you should not be seeing this sort of behavior.

Can you describe your setup in a bit more detail, hardware, total torrents and throughput, cpu/memory usage while experiencing, that sort of thing.

Also versions of OS and Deluge for both you and the host, and if webui, what browser.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Not to but in on ambipro's helpful posts, and just really quick comment I just came to remember, probably unrelated but still.

Hi idiocracy, if you haven't already, then update your AddTorrentCheck plugin(if still use of-course), as had a main-thread/UI blocking delay I made async. Probably off base(as only run on added torrents as you know, but if some stuck in rechecking, with said block, then just a quick thought.

Disregard me, probably not, and carry on. (While posting, then as always in these cases, use standard troubleshooting techniques of backup and then test a clean profile with just state folder retained, to rule out interruptions from non-default plugins and/or settings, to then further dissect down one thing a time if successful)
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

ambipro wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:39 am When you say 100 connections, do you mean 100 torrents? or 100 active?

How many torrents are loaded into Deluge total? The UI in Web can start to act how you describe, depending on the host's hardware, at different levels...but using the thin or standalone client you should not be seeing this sort of behavior.

Can you describe your setup in a bit more detail, hardware, total torrents and throughput, cpu/memory usage while experiencing, that sort of thing.

Also versions of OS and Deluge for both you and the host, and if webui, what browser.
Deluge has a total of 350 connections. Issue is primarily active downloading torrents. 1 active torrent with ~100 connection utilizing ~150mbit is make the UI including the web UI extremely slow to use. If the torrent is running above 500mbit, i have to wait for it to finish before i can do anything, even just open the deluge window can take over a minute.
Machine is a 2400G, 32GB ram w. windows 10 pro version 22H2. Deluge is version 2.1.1 x64 Lt 2. Neither cpu nor memory are fully utilized when experiencing the issue. Drive for download is raid0 ssd.

Deluge has a total of ~450 torrents running, the vast majority being idle. Right now 19 are active. The 1 torrent that is actively downloading, is right now limited to 70 connections, if i start increasing that number, the UI including the web UI gets increasingly slow, until barely responding to any input. I start lowering the number and deluge get increasingly more responsive. At no point is cpu 100%, nor is memory used 100%, nor is the drive activity 100%. No torrent activity is running of c:.
mhertz wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:00 am Not to but in on ambipro's helpful posts, and just really quick comment I just came to remember, probably unrelated but still.

Hi idiocracy, if you haven't already, then update your AddTorrentCheck plugin(if still use of-course), as had a main-thread/UI blocking delay I made async. Probably off base(as only run on added torrents as you know, but if some stuck in rechecking, with said block, then just a quick thought.

Disregard me, probably not, and carry on. (While posting, then as always in these cases, use standard troubleshooting techniques of backup and then test a clean profile with just state folder retained, to rule out interruptions from non-default plugins and/or settings, to then further dissect down one thing a time if successful)
I am not entirely sure i follow. If i remember correctly, i am using the latest one that you help build.
Edit: Oh, i see it now.
Last edited by idiocracy on Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

After that, I updated it again, but as said, probably a long shot, and just noted in case.

viewtopic.php?p=236070#p236070

Sorry don't know otherwise, other than lowering stuff further, but don't have much experience in such honestly.

Edit: Posted before idiocracy's edit above.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

mhertz wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:50 pm After that, I updated it again, but as said, probably a long shot, and just noted in case.

viewtopic.php?p=236070#p236070

Sorry don't know otherwise, other than lowering stuff further, but don't have much experience in such honestly.

Edit: Posted before idiocracy's edit above.
What exactly are the two timers controlling, is "delay" the frequency of reannounce. And "time" when it stops doing it?
And from the older version, could that interfere with the UI in the way described above?

Which makes me wonder, if i remember correctly, it would automatically stop when "OK" was detected.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just checked code, as can't remember lol, but yes you're correct :) I probably add the missing webUI preferences soon'ish when feeling like it, as gotten little better at it recently.

I reread your new post and unrelated seemingly, sorry for noise. Personally would try libtorrent 1.2.x just in case.

Edit: Yes stops when OK detected too, and just a "run until" kinda thing, if stuck in "limbo" and feel no need continue.

Edit2: Sorry apparently can't read and need tripple-rereads wtf... It blocked the UI before yes, but honestlty cannot remember how code was before, as I didn't add the blocking delay, and so don't know how long default blocking delay was etc, but if none of your torrents wasen't recently added and needed such rechecking continually done, then not that. It would show like freezing UI and not letting you select or click stuff when happened before. But from your previous post, sounds like not the issue i.e. got better when lowering connections, and only one downloading etc.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

I tried the updated plugin, it is significantly better now. But can't say for sure yet, if that was the root cause or if there's still something. But it did do something, in a positive way.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Glad to hear it, hope that was it then :) Btw, I added the missing webUI preferences and made the GTK-UI slightly better looking, not important and no core changes, and so just saying while at it and you don't need bother updating - Not worth post about I gather(in it's thread), but anyway its still the old link, which I just "refreshed" with new build little time ago.

Thanks for posting back buddy.