deluge won't start

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
prepostero
New User
New User

deluge won't start

Post by prepostero »

I'm fairly sure of what caused the problem but I've no idea how to solve it. I messed around with my AppData folder (when I obviously shouldn't have, I know) - I unticked the 'Read-only' and 'Hidden' attributes of the folder (and all it's sub-folders, thus I think it's affected Deluge) and applied that change, then changed my mind and ticked them again. Basically since then I can't open a bunch of my apps, Deluge included - I'm 99% sure it's me messing around with my AppData folder that's caused the problem but I've no idea how to solve it

I get this message whenever I try to open the app
ambipro

Re: deluge won't start

Post by ambipro »

You will need to untick read only from the entire deluge folder in appdata. Apply to all files and subfolders.
prepostero
New User
New User

Post by prepostero »

I tried this, unticking read only and then applying it to all files and subfolders. It appears to work but then when I go back into the properties of the file, it's ticked again
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

That's irrelevant. Windows is tripping, there might be a file in there somewhere, but whatever it is its fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

BTW, in windows if it's a black rectangle in box and not an actual checkmark, then default for folders, not actual read-only. I believe it's used internally for settings.ini reading and Icon-creation or alike. For a folder itself, read-only meaningless(or atleast read a couple times by much clever peeps than me), but nice to use yourself for downstream file changes.