Cannot use deluge with custom outgoing IP

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Kibioctet
New User
New User

Cannot use deluge with custom outgoing IP

Post by Kibioctet »

Hello,

I am trying to use Deluged with multiple IPs, but I have some problems with that.
I try to launch deluged with that command :

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/deluged -o 91.217.219.254 -p 1234 -i 91.217.219.254 -u 91.217.219.254 config=/opt/deluge/91.217.219.254/
Where 91.217.219.254 is the public IP to listen on. The IP is configured on the main OS (that is a clean Debian 12).
Deluged starts, but it cannot load any trackers and deluge-web says that the main public IP for that instance of deluged is "N/A".

It seems that there is a problem with the IP binding. I searched a lot but I found nothing that works with this configuration.

Is anyone have this type of problem? Is this a bug?

Best regards,
Kibioctet
mhertz

Re: Cannot use deluge with custom outgoing IP

Post by mhertz »

You bind to a local IP address normally, not public, and so I'm guessing that is the issue then, as won't work(unless direct line public IP) .
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

@mhertz is correct, that IP should be the IP of the interface you want to bind to, not your public IP, and then you forward the port in the switch/router TO your same interface's IP.

If you are on a NAT/LAN and you bind to the public IP instead of eth0/wlan0 or whatever's IP address, it will not have that address to bind to.

Run 'ifconfig' and see what the interface IP is, forward it in your router, and then check with portchecker.io or something to see if its open while deluge is on.
Kibioctet
New User
New User

Post by Kibioctet »

mhertz wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:44 pm You bind to a local IP address normally, not public, and so I'm guessing that is the issue then, as won't work(unless direct line public IP) .
The servers providers gave me a public IP, not a private IP.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

That doesn't matter, issue at hand still applies. Please reread ambipro's reply above.