Delete torrent tracker after download starts

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
CrowdIA

Delete torrent tracker after download starts

Post by CrowdIA »

Hello,

I've been wondering this for several months and trying to find a way to do it. I'm looking for a way to remove the tracker associated with the torrent I add once the torrent starts downloading. I looked at this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54491&p=226225&hili ... er#p226225 but it doesn't work for me, I tried to do things with the deluge-console but it does not work because not the possibility of modifying a tracker with the commands/parameters.

Do you have a bash, python, or other automated way to remove the tracker from a torrent once it begins downloading?

For information I use deluge with docker.
ambipro

Re: Delete torrent tracker after download starts

Post by ambipro »

Why would you want to do this...if it's to avoid seeding the torrent, there are other ways to do this that are easier and make much more sense.

However, seeding is what makes torrenting possible at all, and if everyone decided to be a leech than you literally would not be able to use bittorrent to download anything. At all.
CrowdIA

Post by CrowdIA »

This is to prevent my ratio from dropping too quickly because I sometimes download series or movies in 4k and the ratio drops faster than I upload. I still do seeding on my seedbox so I participate in P2P don't worry.

What other more logical way could you advise me? I also use joal.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

So you're essentially trying to get the initial seeds/peers list, and remove the tracker to prevent your client from reporting your download traffic?
CrowdIA

Post by CrowdIA »

Yes that's it, once the download starts I would like to delete the tracker and once the download is 100% complete put the tracker back. (it's still the same tracker)
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

You're not going to get any help from me with cheating. This sort of thing will get you banned from trackers too.

Also, your story doesn't add up to me.
Paralel

Post by Paralel »

Just deleting it how you normally would doesn't work? I add trackers when none of the others are working and delete when the darn thing keeps trying to go back to trackers that are dead despite me reordering them not to.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Paralel wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:03 pm Just deleting it how you normally would doesn't work? I add trackers when none of the others are working and delete when the darn thing keeps trying to go back to trackers that are dead despite me reordering them not to.
He wants to automate it so he can cheat automatically and his download not be counted against him on private trackers that require ratio be maintained.
Paralel

Post by Paralel »

ambipro wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:42 pm
Paralel wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:03 pm Just deleting it how you normally would doesn't work? I add trackers when none of the others are working and delete when the darn thing keeps trying to go back to trackers that are dead despite me reordering them not to.
He wants to automate it so he can cheat automatically and his download not be counted against him on private trackers that require ratio be maintained.
Oh, well, in that case, I am with ambipro, no one here is going to help you do that.

Good catch, ambipro.
CrowdIA

Post by CrowdIA »

OK thanks anyway. People to help me please?