Show Time in Added and Completed columns

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
magickai
New User
New User

Show Time in Added and Completed columns

Post by magickai »

Hello,

I just updated from a version prior to 2.0. In this new version, the Added and Completed columns show only the Date it was added or completed. Is it possible to get them to show the time like the old versions? I'm searching through settings and searching here in the forums, but I just can't seem to find an answer.

Thanks,

Jaybee
mhertz

Re: Show Time in Added and Completed columns

Post by mhertz »

You need change the actual code for that, and I see you're on windows which further means I cannot just direct you to do it yourself, or supply any patching at all(since freezed), and instead need make the change, build, freeze and send you the deluge.exe to replace.

No promises but possibly I could look into this one of these days, but as said no promises. Do you use x64 or x86 version? Libtorrent version is irrelevant here.

Btw, 'completed' field not on deluge 1.3.x though, but not important here.
magickai
New User
New User

Post by magickai »

Aww heck, ok. Sad panda. It's just, for me, easier to see at a quick glance which files are newer. If you have a list of torrents all completed on the same day, it's hard to tell which is top or bottom. Yeah on 1.3.x I just used the Added field to sort, but that didn't always work how I wanted as I wanted to sort by when it was completed ^^

It would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I understand it's just a tiny detail and frivolous. I'm on x64. Thanks for the response! I might consider hopping back down to 1.3.x, but for now, I love the speed and look of 2.1.1!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Do your location have time in 12(am/pm) or 24 hour format?

I ask because I did do this, but just before posting it, then I noticed it showed time in 24 hour format, which is fine for me as in such locale/timezone regardless, but my windows VM I have setup to en-US locale which I prefer as don't like localized apps, but for some reason my changed deluge2 shows 24 hour format whereas deluge 1.3.x shows in 12 hour format.. Strange thing is I rechecked and it's exact same code used i.e. time.locatime() formated with time.strftime(), so need first investigate how change to 12 hour format if you need that, but asking because if you don't need it, then no reason waste time additionally on that. Initially I thought it was a py2 vs py3 issue, but specifically tested code in python2 with same result, so something else seemingly.
magickai
New User
New User

Post by magickai »

Hi again! I think 24 hour time will be just fine! In the US we use 12 hour time, but for the purposes of just seeing which torrents were done first, 24 is a-ok with me ^^
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks, here you go mate. I ended up fixing the issue afterall, so now shows correctly as per your location like deluge1, as annoyed me I didn't could understand why happened, so finally found reason(for anyone interested, it was deluge1 additionally during gettext initialization defines 'locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, ''))', meaning setting all locale categories to system-defined locale i.e. here en-US/1252, which then makes rest and "obvious" needed changes work).

deluge.exe
magickai
New User
New User

Post by magickai »

You are THE MANNNNNN. Thank you so much. Wow, I just really appreciate this. It's such a small thing, but it makes managing sooo many torrents just that much easier. <3
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're to kind but do really appreciate that! :) Thanks buddy! :)
magickai
New User
New User

Post by magickai »

I just had to come back and say thank you again. You took the time to help a new stranger on these forums with no posts. I know you are a moderator and you kind of signed up for it, but you took real time to edit code and compile an exe for ME. Thank you. Very much. I did not realize just how much I would miss this feature. I will cherish this exe for as long as I torrent, lolol!! I wonder if I should make a feature request for this. =P
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hey bro, thank you so much for that genuinely thoughtfull and caring kind post my friend, i'm truly touched by that, and I can tell you're good people!

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3551#ticket

Appreciate you! :)