Deluge no longer uploads or downloads

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
elp3dr0
New User
New User

Deluge no longer uploads or downloads

Post by elp3dr0 »

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to torrents and have installed deluge on a headless machine (ubuntu container). deluged is running as a service, and I can access the web ui from another machine on the internal network.

My installation did work initially - I can see that it has downloaded some files in the downloads directory. I can still add torrents to deluge.

But it no longer downloads or seeds anything.

Please could you help me debug what's going on.

I have been hitting google quite hard but still am at a loss. One thing I don't have is the "Connection error" warning (see screenshot).
Screenshot 2020-10-13 150248.jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-13 150248.jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
elp3dr0
New User
New User

Re: Deluge no longer uploads or downloads

Post by elp3dr0 »

OK - I've found a clue. It's something to do with the download destination directory. I had changed my 'download to' directory in the web GUI preferences.

If I change it back to '/var/lib/deluge/Downloads' and reimport the torrent, then it starts to download!

For the life of me I can't work out why it won't download to another location.
elp3dr0
New User
New User

Post by elp3dr0 »

OK. This looks like it's a configuration problem within the OS, rather than deluge. I'll investigate...
tkohldesac
New User
New User

Post by tkohldesac »

Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into the exact same issue. My Ubuntu server isn't downloading OR uploading and it's behind a VPN. My windows laptop can download AND upload and is not. I'm testing with a ubuntu image with ~1600 peers and I can't upload a single byte.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The OP Presumably had a permission problem, since only begun down/upload when switching back to default download-dir, owned by deluge user, so if running under e.g deluge user yourself then need tweak permissions if switching away from default, which isn't an issue usually on windows. Since also effects downloading then not just the regular issue of needing setup port-forwarding and check works, for better seeding, vpn or not irregardless. Last, the tracker status error shown in OP's screenshot is unrelated presumably, and can be ignored as probably older deluge version not fixed yet to dismiss and hide these statuses as "noise" because of libtorrent multi-homing support addition.